• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schiano the whiner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, it was a big call that took 7 away from us, but we should have still pulled out an easy win regardless.

Makes no sense to me, what do you mean that despite losing by 3 we should have pulled out an easy win regardless?

We were just that good, huh?  Should have been an easy win, it wasn't so as some people say "we deserved to  lose".

I mean, a win should have been easy regardless of the outcome of that play. The key phrase is "should have been" but for what ever reason it didn't turn out that way.

You wouldn't agree that beating Rutgers should have been easy? I mean, they definitely were not the most talented team we played that season. We had already played and won our toughest match ups for that season, and dominated one of them (WVU).

Exactly.  We were ranked #2 in the nation after being WVU and Auburn, before headed to RU.  THey were not the most talented team we played that year and up until that point.  We were up 17-10 when we blocked the field goal, and despite the non-call, we still had the ball in RU territory and we still couldnt at least get a FG out of it.  Bulliever only sees and reads what he wants to from that loss.

and USF Grouper, the whole "taking the wind out of our sails" excuse is a kind of pointless considering we BLOCKED THEIR FIELD GOAL and got the ball in RU territory.  if anything, despite the non-call, we still caused a turnover and got the ball on their end of the field... it should have turned the tide in OUR favor, regardless of if there was a TD or not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Too sad.  You seem to think we can upset teams like Auburn, but never be upset ourselves...that it should come easy.  That we shouldn't be angry a TD was taken away, that well, we still got the ball!!!  :)  Woohoo!  Just goofy.  But who would expect you to understand competition or agree with a Bulls fan? You haven't, except for the other guys that live and breath contempt and disdain for the program for whatever reason.  I guess it's entertaining for you and some.

• Content Count:  1,037

But who would expect you to understand competition or agree with a Bulls fan? You haven't, except for the other guys that live and breath contempt and disdain for the program for whatever reason.  I guess it's entertaining for you and some.

Not sure why you have to associate being critical or "negative" with contempt or disdain for the program. There are some who just believe that things could be run differently. I doubt that means they hate the program. If that was the case then why would they waste so much time complaining here? Coaches are only a small piece of the program and most of them come and go (aside from the HC).

no shame in the loss in 07, its hard to stay perfect. the next two losses were a shame though.

on a seperate note, rutgers is dirty.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Yes, it was a big call that took 7 away from us, but we should have still pulled out an easy win regardless.

Makes no sense to me, what do you mean that despite losing by 3 we should have pulled out an easy win regardless?

We were just that good, huh?  Should have been an easy win, it wasn't so as some people say "we deserved to  lose".

I mean, a win should have been easy regardless of the outcome of that play. The key phrase is "should have been" but for what ever reason it didn't turn out that way.

You wouldn't agree that beating Rutgers should have been easy? I mean, they definitely were not the most talented team we played that season. We had already played and won our toughest match ups for that season, and dominated one of them (WVU).

Dominated .... really?? Score was 21-13 .... and we had almost 200 less yards of 'offence' .... People sure have a selective memory at times when trying to make a point.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

But who would expect you to understand competition or agree with a Bulls fan? You haven't, except for the other guys that live and breath contempt and disdain for the program for whatever reason.  I guess it's entertaining for you and some.

Not sure why you have to associate being critical or "negative" with contempt or disdain for the program. There are some who just believe that things could be run differently. I doubt that means they hate the program. If that was the case then why would they waste so much time complaining here? Coaches are only a small piece of the program and most of them come and go (aside from the HC).

I didn't equate being critical with contempt or disdain for the program.  You did.  You also equated being critical to being negative. 

Furthermore, I'm not sure how you are confusing being his being "critical" with an outright 100% commitment to stating only negative things about the players (micro) and program (macro).  The classic example of someone who seems not to be who or what he says he is.  Look at his posts, see if you can find anything positive at all about the program, even in a win.  There is a commitment to not seeing it.  In fact, past accomplishments are simply dismissed.  No perspective, nothing good.  All bad. 

Even the solidly anti-Leavitt smazza utters a positive comment now and then.  He's only anti-Leavitt (no positives) but not anti-the whole program.

I am not in favor of certain things we do, but should that blind me to what we do right?

I probably spend more time reading posts than anyone.  Believe me, if something at all balanced came out, I'd be more likely to believe it's simply honest criticism.  In fact, it's so one-sided one has to wonder exactly what angle he's coming from.  Read more and you will see.  For me, a guy that has to read the board a lot, it's quite clear.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

I'm just glad the Media Love Affair with Shiano is over ... they gave him the "Coach of the Year" on an average season and he's done NOTHING since.

He does graduate players, but not much else.

Wanna beat him and the team DOWN !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  31

I'm just glad the Media Love Affair with Shiano is over ... they gave him the "Coach of the Year" on an average season

I guess USF has never had an average season in your short existence. 11-2 5-2 in conference and a top 12 ranking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

I stand corrected ...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just glad the Media Love Affair with Shiano is over ... they gave him the "Coach of the Year" on an average season

I guess USF has never had an average season in your short existence. 11-2 5-2 in conference and a top 12 ranking.

And what was the reward for 11-2?  Canada Bowl?

Archived