• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't limit a good player

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Both 4th down calls were great' they show confidence in your offense and defense. we passed up a short 4th down early against Pitt. That sends the wrong message. You're playing not to lose.

Great mix of run and pass with BJ this week. I think he should run on broken plays more and run the read option less. definitely doesn't need to carry the ball 20-25 times a game on the read option.

shows desparation

dumb for taking the risk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

Both 4th down calls were great' they show confidence in your offense and defense. we passed up a short 4th down early against Pitt. That sends the wrong message. You're playing not to lose.

Great mix of run and pass with BJ this week. I think he should run on broken plays more and run the read option less. definitely doesn't need to carry the ball 20-25 times a game on the read option.

shows desparation

dumb for taking the risk

I disagree, at least on the 4th and 2 inches call.

Listen, if you can't get 2 inches you don't deserve to win the game.  The other, which was a full yard was risky because of the field position.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

shows desparation

dumb for taking the risk

It doesn't show desperation.

It shows confidence.

we're 8 of 10 on 4th downs this year and that includes the last play of the game when BJ took a knee on 4th down.

risk < reward

UCF has gone for it 2 times this year.

USC has gone for it 13 times this year.

I guess USC is more desperate than UCF

• Content Count:  743

Interceptions don't cause you to lose games. I have learned that much about football from this board.

I can't figure out if this is sarcastic or not

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt just about cost us the season with that decision.  I'm glad he owned up to it and I hope he learns from this.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I have said for 3 years that Matt needed to cut down on the interceptions. There have been many on this board (and they know who they are) that have said that those multitudes of interceptions have nothing to do with USF's lack of wins. I have quit trying to get through to those types. 

Therefore anytime anyone says something about BJs INTs I feel my sarcasm is warranted.

• Content Count:  743

ok. i think the stat is something like 96% of the time the team that wins the turnover margin wins the game? I could be wrong because I can't find it online anymore but I thought I remembered it was the single most important stat when it translates to wins.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

USC has gone for it 13 times this year.

I guess USC is more desperate than UCF

Bull94: 1       smazza: 0

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I have said for 3 years that Matt needed to cut down on the interceptions. There have been many on this board (and they know who they are) that have said that those multitudes of interceptions have nothing to do with USF's lack of wins. I have quit trying to get through to those types. 

Therefore anytime anyone says something about bj daniels INTs I feel my sarcasm is warranted.

I don't think anyone has said that, you read what you want to read in what people have said.

Yes, Grothe threw a lot of picks. I don't recall anyone saying that he should throw more? Or that it was OK, but pinning a game on him when there were obvious other flaws in the team is what people have been arguing about. For instance, the Cincy game in 07. You would like everyone to blame that game on Grothe, sure, he made mistakes, but...

True or False - Matt Grothe put the ball on the money with only a few seconds left to Carlton Mitchell in the end zone.

True or False - Mitchell dropped the pass that would have won the game.

I'm not blaming Mitchell (freshman), but the point is that MG redeemed himself and didn't get the help he needed from the TEAM. If you recall, TJ and Amarri were out/limited in that game, and 2 of the picks he threw were in the general direction of Courtney Denson who appeared to be running whatever route he made up in his head right before the snap. Grothe didn't miss throws that bad unless there was a communication issue.

Now, if you read that and say to yourself...'Orlando Bull thinks its OK that MG threw picks'...I don't know what to say. How about, discuss the topic rather than try to make everyone believe that you are right and they are wrong.

I still believe that the Pitt game was a lesson for BJ, and one he needed. He may have cost his team the game against Cincy by refusing to run when the pass wasn't there. He's a freshman, it's going to happen, but the coaches had to take control of the situation if he is going to continue to improve.

• Content Count:  724

Therefore anytime anyone says something about bj daniels INTs I feel my sarcasm is warranted.

I don't think anyone has said that, you read what you want to read in what people have said.

Yes, Grothe threw a lot of picks. I don't recall anyone saying that he should throw more? Or that it was OK, but pinning a game on him when there were obvious other flaws in the team is what people have been arguing about. For instance, the Cincy game in 07. You would like everyone to blame that game on Grothe, sure, he made mistakes, but...

True or False - Matt Grothe put the ball on the money with only a few seconds left to Carlton Mitchell in the end zone.

True or False - Mitchell dropped the pass that would have won the game.

I'm not blaming Mitchell (freshman), but the point is that MG redeemed himself and didn't get the help he needed from the TEAM. If you recall, TJ and Amarri were out/limited in that game, and 2 of the picks he threw were in the general direction of Courtney Denson who appeared to be running whatever route he made up in his head right before the snap. Grothe didn't miss throws that bad unless there was a communication issue.

Now, if you read that and say to yourself...'Orlando Bull thinks its OK that MG threw picks'...I don't know what to say. How about, discuss the topic rather than try to make everyone believe that you are right and they are wrong.

I still believe that the Pitt game was a lesson for BJ, and one he needed. He may have cost his team the game against Cincy by refusing to run when the pass wasn't there. He's a freshman, it's going to happen, but the coaches had to take control of the situation if he is going to continue to improve.

They shouldnt have even been in that position in that game.  They had something like 8 freaking turnovers.

Archived