• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On TV it looked like Mitchell was in bounds the entire stretch down the sideline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

There was also some "make-up" karma here because they blew the Sterling Griffin fumble review a few minutes prior.  Which, of course, makes the whole thing even stupider.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

He was clearly in. How they say that play is not reviewable is beyond me.

On the replay he was clearly in bounds.  However, the play was not reviewable because the ref blew his whistle when he thought CM stepped out of bounds at the 9.  Anything that happens after the whistle blows is not reviewable.  The play is dead at that point.

See this is what I thought too....

But comming back from half the announcers said the Big East officiating crew sent them a letter saying that because the ref said he was out at the 9, it wasnt reviewable and they couldnt assume he would score, but if it was at say the 2, or 3...they could have overturned the call.....

??? ??? ???

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

On the replay he was clearly in bounds.  However, the play was not reviewable because the ref blew his whistle when he thought CM stepped out of bounds at the 9.  Anything that happens after the whistle blows is not reviewable.  The play is dead at that point.

But comming back from half the announcers said the Big East officiating crew sent them a letter saying that because the ref said he was out at the 9, it wasnt reviewable and they couldnt assume he would score, but if it was at say the 2, or 3...they could have overturned the call.....

??? ??? ???

Remember about the officiating crews that were suspended for bad calls in the SEC?  Well some of their calls and ball spots were quite questionable.  The question I have was the incomplete pass call over by the Bul's bench that was reviewed.  Was our player acutally in bounds? We couldn't see it because we were on the other side of the field.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I was on the opposite side of the field and he looked in the entire time.  Just happy we converted afterwards.

• Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone catch CJL's reaction after this completely blown call? I'll keep saying it, when this guy keeps cool so does the team. If he goes ape poop we don't put 6 on the board.

There was no panic from coach or the players, no frustration at the bad call just the attitude, "It's okay, we'll score again you dip **** Zebras!"

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

He looked like he was in bounds the entire stretch because HE WAS.  Horrible call, too bad it was not reviewable.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

??? ??? ???

They reviewed the same type of play he made on the TD against WVU in 2007. Unless the rules for that play have changed there should have been a review.

• Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone catch CJL's reaction after this completely blown call? I'll keep saying it, when this guy keeps cool so does the team. If he goes ape poop we don't put 6 on the board.

There was no panic from coach or the players, no frustration at the bad call just the attitude, "It's okay, we'll score again you dip **** Zebras!"

I like a fired up CJL but the over top, baby face a la '07 Rutgers seems to rub the players the wrong way.  I think you are on to something and maybe a prescription for Xanax for CJL.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

??? ??? ???

They reviewed the same type of play he made on the TD against WVU in 2007. Unless the rules for that play have changed there should have been a review.

In 07 the ruling on the fieild was TD and they reviewed to make sure he didn't step out.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think the ref that called it had a better view than anyone. Even if it was reviewable, there was no clear camera angle that showed he was absolutely indisputably in bounds (necessary to over turn the call). I think you have to trust that side judges judgement in that spot.

Archived