• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

88th, Chico!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

lol

I just posted the very same thing in this thread:

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=65252.0

I figured.  But it's true.  BJ has shown that he can win games by himself. 

He has??? when in high school.....and Don't diss Chico if you don't know whats going on......

FSU game????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,092
  • Days Won:  39

lol

He has??? when in high school.....and Don't diss Chico if you don't know whats going on......

Yeah let him take some shots for sure.  I am also hoping Hester will be in the slot for some first down catches.

• Content Count:  3,802

Canales is weak anyways...

i was a proponent of going outside of the program to get our OC. Our system is still the same as always... nothing new in the playbook at all.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, considering he had to start a (very talented) freshman.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I hope Leavitt doesn't give him a pass. Though, I suspect he will.

Bottom line, Canales has not put BJ in any sort of a position to win. The playcalling has been absolutely terrible, one-dimensional, and predictable.

Against Pitt the running game was actually working to start the game off since the defense had a lot of guys in coverage. Once they started keying in on it, I saw nothing out of Canales to exploit that fact (e.g. Play action). He just kept running more read options that were no longer working.

The defense always presents something to you. Canales, and previous company, seem to go in with a gameplan and that's the script for the entire game no matter how the defense adjusts. It's freaking asinine.

• Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

lol

8-21 and 2 picks..... if our defense doesn't have turnovers and we lose you would be saying different.....He has played the same in that game as he has in the ones we lost just caught a couple of breaks in the fsu game or mental busts by the fsu defense.......ill stop though cause most have no idea what or why "we havent opened up the Offense"....

• Content Count:  4,738

lol

8-21 and 2 picks..... if our defense doesn't have turnovers and we lose you would be saying different.....He has played the same in that game as he has in the ones we lost just caught a couple of breaks in the fsu game or mental busts by the fsu defense.......ill stop though cause most have no idea what or why "we havent opened up the Offense"....

he owned that game on offense.  controlled the tempo with the run and killed it with the long pass

• Content Count:  90

lol

he owned that game on offense.  controlled the tempo with the run and killed it with the long pass

17 points is killing it???

• Content Count:  4,738

lol

341 total yards.

• Content Count:  3,594

lol

He outgained the entire FSU team.  I'm not saying he's a world beater.  But you stated that he has yet to win a game by himself, which he has.  Granted, it wasn't pretty, but he still did. 

As for our offense not "opened up,"  I actually question that.  The kid had just as much time to learn the offense as Grothe since Canales became the OC.  It wasn't like Canales had a separate playbook for Grothe and BJ.  I believe that Canales is just too timid.  I'm not asking for 50-yard bombs every other play.  I'm asking for a more open offense that can get our best players in space.  And the Read-Option isn't hard to defend, especially when you run it 50 ******* times.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If they are going to run it all the time how about the option like they used with Ford in the Syracuse game, just a thought

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

mosthavenoidea sounds like someone:

a. strongly opinionated

b. member of usf football, staff or player, attempting to defend Canales for whatever reason.

Archived