• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt: In all fairness...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

...give him 10 yrs of conference play.  If he can't win a title, it's time to move on.  This includes the seasons in CUSA.  That's how I feel about it.  That's what 2-3 more seasons?  With that said did anyone on this board really believe the Bulls were gonna win 11 games this season with such a young D and a one legged Grothe on the bench?

CJL has won some upset games for USF.  Usually one sometimes two every season.  He shut the big mouths to the east up and shamed them when our Bulls swept them 4-0.  The FSU win this season is still a good win b/c the Seminoles may still make a bowl game.  Plus he came to USF and he put up with the trailers for longer than he should have.  I think he's earned some forgiveness.

I would warn that this could be a Seth Greenberg type situation.  That guy left b/c of the same crap that's starting up with the pissing and moaning about FB not winning a division/conf title.  Would the BB team of plummeted into oblivion if SG had stuck it out and would have tried the turn it around?  No one knows.  Anyway some of the P&M is warranted but I'm in favor of a little bit more composure from the fans.  Will history repeat itself thru the FB team?  Only time will tell and W's will avoid that issue.

Let the coal raking begin... 8-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

...give him 10 yrs of conference play.  If he can't win a title, it's time to move on.  This includes the seasons in CUSA.  That's how I feel about it.  That's what 2-3 more seasons?  With that said did anyone on this board really believe the Bulls were gonna win 11 games this season with such a young D and a one legged Grothe on the bench?

CJL has won some upset games for USF.  Usually one sometimes two every season.  He shut the big mouths to the east up and shamed them when our Bulls swept them 4-0.  The FSU win this season is still a good win b/c the Seminoles may still make a bowl game.  Plus he came to USF and he put up with the trailers for longer than he should have.  I think he's earned some forgiveness.

I would warn that this could be a Seth Greenberg type situation.  That guy left b/c of the same crap that's starting up with the pissing and moaning about FB not winning a division/conf title.  Would the BB team of plummeted into oblivion if SG had stuck it out and would have tried the turn it around?  No one knows.  Anyway some of the P&M is warranted but I'm in favor of a little bit more composure from the fans.  Will history repeat itself thru the FB team?  Only time will tell and W's will avoid that issue.

Let the coal raking begin... 8-)

I think a lot of the venom is coming not from the fact we lost but in the manner we lost.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I would warn that this could be a Seth Greenberg type situation. 

I was thinking about that yesterday as the handful were asking for a BE title now Leavitt to be fired.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The biggest pissers and moaners have the same act after every loss, whether by 5 points (pitt last year) or 27 (pitt this year).

I do agree that the majority take( and should take) this loss much worse because of the complete ineptness yesterday.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think a lot of the venom is coming not from the fact we lost but in the manner we lost.

While I can see that point, I also think a lot of the venom is due to unrealistic expectations.  Unrealistic expectations and the way we've lost are combining to create the perfect inferno.

The biggest pissers and moaners have the same act after every loss, whether by 5 points (pitt last year) or 27 (pitt this year).

I do agree that the majority take( and should take) this loss much worse because of the complete ineptness yesterday.

yeah but that is to be expected on any board.

While I can see that point, I also think a lot of the venom is due to unrealistic expectations.  Unrealistic expectations and the way we've lost are combining to create the perfect inferno.

that could very well be. My expectations had only 1 conference loss. After Grothe went down I adjusted that slightly to expect growing pains from BJ

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Its the way we're losing, and this mid season slide that is calling for Leavitt's head.  If we hadn't won a big east championship but had gone to solid bowls every year after starting so hot, it wouldn't be so bad.  But us going to the st. pete bowl isn't going to cut it. 

And while you said you didn't expect us to win 11 games this year, do you expect us to win 8-9 with the way we played last night?

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

that could very well be. My expectations had only 1 conference loss. After Grothe went down I adjusted that slightly to expect growing pains from BJ

However, others automatically assume that Leavitt should win these games regardless of situations like that, which is unrealistic.

Personally, I had us going 5-2/6-1 in conference with Grothe, and adjusted that to 3-4/4-3 once Grothe was injured.

However, others automatically assume that Leavitt should win these games regardless of situations like that, which is unrealistic.

Personally, I had us going 5-2/6-1 in conference with Grothe, and adjusted that to 3-4/4-3 once Grothe was injured.

even the team in the state it is currently in 3-4 is still bad. We are better than a sub .500 team.

Archived