• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt: In all fairness...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think a lot of the venom is coming not from the fact we lost but in the manner we lost.

While I can see that point, I also think a lot of the venom is due to unrealistic expectations.  Unrealistic expectations and the way we've lost are combining to create the perfect inferno.

that could very well be. My expectations had only 1 conference loss. After Grothe went down I adjusted that slightly to expect growing pains from BJ

However, others automatically assume that Leavitt should win these games regardless of situations like that, which is unrealistic.

Personally, I had us going 5-2/6-1 in conference with Grothe, and adjusted that to 3-4/4-3 once Grothe was injured.

even the team in the state it is currently in 3-4 is still bad. We are better than a sub .500 team.

I don't disagree, but when you lose your QB and turn to a freshman, that is what happens in reality.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Mike,

You must remember the haters came out after the Grothe injury to admonish others that losing a senior QB and team leader and having to replace him with an untried freshman is NOT AN EXCUSE.  In fact many said Daniels is better and the injury a "good thing".   ::)

You must have missed that bit of wisdom.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think everyone is really missing Grothe right about now.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Mike,

You must remember the haters came out after the Grothe injury to admonish others that losing a senior QB and team leader and having to replace him with an untried freshman is NOT AN EXCUSE.  In fact many said Daniels is better and the injury a "good thing".   ::)

You must have missed that bit of wisdom.

Indeed, I did miss that.  I can easily guess which end of the gene pool that stuff came from, and wish we could get a Baker Act law in place to remove reproductive rigths for people like that.

There's a reason that I spend little time on this particular board, I feel dumber every time I visit it.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

The biggest pissers and moaners have the same act after every loss, whether by 5 points (pitt last year) or 27 (pitt this year).I do agree that the majority take( and should take) this loss much worse because of the complete ineptness yesterday.

Last year we lost by 5 points because of the players. This year we lost by 34 points (TD in mop up duty doesn't count) because of the coaches (mostly) and players.

The biggest pissers and moaners have the same act after every loss, whether by 5 points (pitt last year) or 27 (pitt this year).I do agree that the majority take( and should take) this loss much worse because of the complete ineptness yesterday.

Last year we lost by 5 points because of the players. This year we lost by 34 points (TD in mop up duty doesn't count) because of the coaches (mostly) and players.

I like the way they can score in mop up and it counts, we score and it doesn't count.

Like the loons that say we're only 2-2, because the other wins don't count.  Okay.  Every other team in the nation count all the wins they get.  Not us, we're BETTER than that!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I like the way they can score in mop up and it counts, we score and it doesn't count.

Like the loons that say we're only 2-2, because the other wins don't count.  Okay.  Every other team in the nation count all the wins they get.  Not us, we're BETTER than that!

they don't count towards our BE title aspirations.

we are 1-2 in the BE.

I now that cm, I was referencing bullsbucsboltsrays math on another post in which he stakes we are a 2-2 team.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

I now that cm, I was referencing bullsbucsboltsrays math on another post in which he stakes we are a 2-2 team.

2-2 in BCS play.. do you honestly want to argue that wofford, WKU, and cha southern are quality wins?  and yes, if you look at other message boards of programs who are currently 1-2 in conference, they are pretty much thinking along the same lines we are.

as to giving leavitt 10 years, i'm all for that and stuff, but after those 10 years, you'll get people on here being like, "give him an extra 5 years and see what he does"-- my point being, it never ends with him and his free passes.  we gotta draw a line in the sand with this cuz its getting out of hand.

we are in the SMALLEST BCS conference in the nation.. 8 teams.  which means, we have a 1/8 shot at winning the title each year.  combine that with the fact that we've been here for 5 years and our geographical location being an advantage to acquiring the best recruits east of the mississippi river, i think our expectations are warranted.

Your expectations will be warranted...it's just a disagreement over when.

Archived