• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Oracle: Improvements taking shape

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Here is an article from today's Oracle about the new athletic facilities that are about to start being built for the athletic's district.

http://www.usforacle.com/improvements-taking-shape-1.2027926

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

What are they doing behind the Sun Dome now?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

its a chiller plant

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

its a chiller plant

cool

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

its a chiller plant

cool

yea, kinda boring tho ;<

• Content Count:  557

I know it was posted on here awhile back, but what website was it that showed the drawings of the new facilities?

Never mind.. Found it: http://bullsclub.usf.edu/bullsclub/Athletics%20District.asp

Pretty cool stuff

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

What ever happened with the talk to replace the Sun Dome or renovate it? If they are thinking about connecting the new practice facilities to the Sun Dome than I'm guessing they are just going to renovate it instead of starting from scratch.

• Content Count:  827

I know it was posted on here awhile back, but what website was it that showed the drawings of the new facilities?

Never mind.. Found it: http://bullsclub.usf.edu/bullsclub/Athletics%20District.asp

Pretty cool stuff

Those were done quite a long time ago. Not too sure the latest upgrades are going to look like what they first invisioned when this was designed.

What ever happened with the talk to replace the Sun Dome or renovate it? If they are thinking about connecting the new practice facilities to the Sun Dome than I'm guessing they are just going to renovate it instead of starting from scratch.

I believe I read the facility will be built next to the Sun Dome but not technically "attached" (perhaps other than a hallway, but most people think attached would have a common wall).  So they could in theory tear down the Sun Dome and leave the practice facility free-standing.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I believe I read the facility will be built next to the Sun Dome but not technically "attached" (perhaps other than a hallway, but most people think attached would have a common wall).  So they could in theory tear down the Sun Dome and leave the practice facility free-standing.

I was over there a few weeks ago and the new chiller plant is built onto the Sun Dome... also I have seen plans for a full renovation of the Sun Dome so I doubt they have any plans to tear it down.

The Baseball stadium on the other hand needs to get torn down and rebuilt... there are high schools with better stadiums then what we have.

Archived