• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am officially off this board until the Bulls Win Again

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

All opinions should be welcome as long as they remain on subject and don't become personal attacks and vendettas or more innocuously - spam.

I think even those that think it's a first amendment free-for-all see the difference in a disgruntled fan voicing his unhappiness with the outcome of a game or with a particular play.  We all could do that quite civilly.

What tends to drive regular folk from the board is when you have a poster or four that are notoriously anti-Jim Leavitt or anti-Pat Julmiste, you name it, and they lie in wait ready to seize an attack angle.  And then they feel the need to pollute every thread with their "I know better than you" "opinion."

I mean, who isn't waiting for jfcohio to post now?  He's about the only one that hasn't chimed in yet.  I am wondering where is usual repertoire of hate Jim Leavitt crap is.  The loss to a now TOP 5 team has flushed out all the rest.

The predictability of the group of "negative posters" is too much.  That's what bothers me most.  I don't care that they think Jim Leavitt needs to go - they've thought that for a long time.  One of the longest runnign posters here is smazza.  I know his every thought after a decade of his posts.  I know he wants Leavitt gone.  I give him credit for not launching another 2000 posts on that subject.  Maybe his computer is down, or maybe he just realizes it's not necessary and perhaps not even appropriate this time around.

No one should take their ball and leave.  But we should expect all "members" of this "community" of "Bulls fans" to act responsibly.  That's all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i don't feel sorry for people who can't handle a variety of viewpoints.

I guarantee you the guy who made this post is actively following the board as we speak.

• Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Where's there a Yin...there is a Yang.  Use the force against the darksiders, my young Jedi.

Not because I am stopping my support of the Bulls, but because of it.  You jokers think that all we should do is go 12-0, never miss a beat, never have a mistake.  If we do fire Leavitt, fire the coordinators, **** the players and sell all your crap.

This bothers me even more than the loss, so for the sake of my health, bye, until we win.

Hope it is quick, I normally love being here.

Take RichmondBull with you. See you next week.

richmondbull is nuts.

i don't feel sorry for people who can't handle a variety of viewpoints.

I guarantee you the guy who made this post is actively following the board as we speak.

I'd be willing to bet not.

Look at the posts counts of many of the more recent posters.  We have, as MAGICBULL commented in another thread, lost dozens of good solid posters who just don't like the no holds barred atmosphere after a loss.

Most of these are the kind of people the "new intelligentsia' attack - those that know what it took to get this far.  They are the targets quite often because the new intelligentsia doesn't care about facts, but instead "what have you done for me lately".

People that have been around and have actually worked with the program, talked with people in the program and support the program don't have patience for the in your face "Fire Leavitt" and "Grothe Sucks" and so forth that generally takeover the board after a loss - even if it's to a Top 10 team.

I myself don't frequent the board much at all following a loss.  I KNOW WHO WILL BE SAYING WHAT.  It's that **** predictable.  After a win, you get a wider participation and it is generally more positive.

It's sort of like those that go into the Mad Cow, you have to have a stomach for it. 

I think far fewer understand the not fully informed and emotional plea to FIRE EVERYONE DAMMIT!  after a loss.  It makes littel sense - again, after losing to a Top 10, now Top 5 team.

Believe me, I could rattle off a list of names of people who simply don't bother anymore.  It's sad because many are good friends.  They have told me, they just don't like the juvenile nature of the board. 

Facts are facts.

you are all living in denial... go check out Ohio State's board...

ANY sports forum goes haywire after a loss especially a loss of this magnitude.

I can handle all the negativity all day. None of this will matter after we beat Pitt.

A lost of "this magnitude" ?

USF was #2 in the nation and lost to a then-unranked Rutgers after two special team fakes (punt, and FG) and a ******** "fumble forward" call...

THAT was a loss of signifnicant magnitude...

This loss was to a Top 5 team (who, at this rate, may be playing for the National Championship)... as far as I'm concerned, people here don't understand perspective.

Some losses are worse than others... and as losses go, this one really wasn't that bad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I mean, who isn't waiting for jfcohio to post now?  He's about the only one that hasn't chimed in yet.  I am wondering where is usual repertoire of hate Jim Leavitt crap is.  The loss to a now TOP 5 team has flushed out all the rest.

You mean you haven't taken the time to read the whole steaming pile of crap called the "FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!" thread?:

You're barking up the wrong tree. I got slammed so many times after saying CJL WAS NOT the coach that was going to take this team to a new level that I got tired of trying to defend myself. I figured others would figure it out sooner or later. Seems you did, but most of the people on here think that you're slamming USF, the students, the fans, etc. if you say that CJL isn't that great of a coach. 

No, he didn't drop passes. No, he didn't miss tackles. No, it wasn't his fault the 1st team QB got hurt, etc., etc., etc. But,  ultimately he IS responsible for the team. He repeatedly gets out-coached in games. He repeatedly fails to make game-time corrections. His teams are undisciplined in that they get penalties at the WORST possible time over & over & over again...season after season after season. And, that IS a direct reflection of a good/great coach. Why exactly was almost every play in the 2nd half a sandlot QB scramble? Where was the game plan? UC couldn't stop USF from running and the RB's were breaking some decent runs - not the 'wildcat' BS - the real running plays - and it's just not a part of the game plan any longer? Weren't down that much at the start of the 2nd half. Instead, shotgun QB scramble running around hoping for a pass completion almost every single play? I just don't get it whatsoever.

I've said it MANY times that he seems like a really great guy. Everyone at USF, in Tampa, in Florida, all alums, all students, etc. should be so grateful to him for getting the team to where it is today. HOWEVER, mark my words that USF will STAY where it is today...a team that beats teams here and there enough to make some news, but can't sustain wins when it makes the most difference. I kept wondering why the stadium wasn't full in such a big game...and then realized...others feel the same way and are still waiting for USF to be a legit contender.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=64660.msg724564#msg724564

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can handle all the negativity all day. None of this will matter after we beat Pitt.

USF was #2 in the nation and lost to a then-unranked Rutgers after two special team fakes (punt, and FG) and a ******** "fumble forward" call...

This loss was to a Top 5 team (who, at this rate, may be playing for the National Championship)... as far as I'm concerned, people here don't understand perspective.

Some losses are worse than others... and as losses go, this one really wasn't that bad.

Im really not bothered by the loss (Cinci is a good and very talented team)  But when an unknown back up QB comes in and guts your team in the second half for almost a buck fifty on the ground i can understand SOME of the frustration.  Then add in all of the drops, penalties, etc and really this loss was ugly even though it was to a good team.  

You mean you haven't taken the time to read the whole steaming pile of crap called the "FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!" thread?:

:ROFLMAO

NO!  I haven't bothered.

If jfcohio bothered to comment and kept it to one thread, I applaud him.  He's right with that group you don't hear from until there is a loss.  I guess it's good to know he didn't let me down! 

:ROFLMAO  again.

i consider it a loss of great magnitude as it directly affects our ability to win the BE title.

Archived