• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am officially off this board until the Bulls Win Again

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Rocky, I think you know the issue isn't just one thread or one stupid comment.

IF it's that much of a problem you're the guy with the ban hammer. 

Definitely, but as I stated before, I'd rather the other side be just as vociferous instead of banning the usual boobirds.  They'll go away on their own after a Bulls win.

In the meantime, I don't want otherwise fully participating community members and Bulls fans to feel like they no longer want to be a part of a Bulls message board.

A message board can be a great source of good for the program and school.  It's a better tool used positively than negatively.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that some people take it way over the top.  I've had my share of negativity, namely in the past two seasons where we tanked after starting so well.  At times, I think some people have considered me to be one of those "usual suspects", even though everything I say is because of my love for USF Football.  But at the same time, I think most people realize that I say just as much postive stuff, and the negative things I do say actually have merit (unlike the numerous fire CJL posts we see every year).

As far as this year, there should not be no outrage.  We lost to a top 10 team, who is now top 5.  I'm disappointed as hell we lost the game, especially when it was winnable.  But say we did win it, would we expect to see lots of "FIRE BRIAN KELLY" on the Cinci board?  I'm sure there would be some because there are idiots on every message board, but that doesn't make their posts intelligent.

As for CJL, what he has done goes without saying.  I am not sure if he is the coach to get us to national power status, but it's unrealistic to expect us to be a national power at this point in time.  People spewing off "FIRE CJL!" after this loss are pretty ignorant, in my opinion.

Are there things we need improved on our team? OF COURSE.  Does CJL have weak areas that he needs to get better with and does he make what I consider coaching mistakes? ABSOLUTELY.  But that doesn't mean he should be fired.

It seems like a lot of people, especially "new-school" fans, expect us to be a top 10 team.  This is an unreasonable expectation considering we have never finished a season ranked and never won a conference.  Hell, I remember five years ago when most people thought that simply BEING RANKED was unthinkable.  Now, being a top 30 team is simply unacceptable? I don't buy it.

If we go ahead and tank this year again, then bring on the negativity, as it's actually warranted.  But to act like this after one loss to a top 10 team?  Give me a break.  We made mistakes, and theres no problem discussing those mistakes (as I have), but don't act like the sky is falling.

We CONSTANTLY criticize he media for hating on and giving no credit to the Big East, what what exactly do you think you are doing when you are treating these losses like they are the end of the world?  You are basically saying that you don't think Cinci really is a good team.  THE BIG EAST ISN'T THAT BAD, PEOPLE.  We have #5 Cinci, #20 Pitt, #23 WVU, Rutgers who only lost to ranked Cinci and Pitt, and Uconn who only lost to ranked Pitt and ranked (at the time) UNC by 2 points.  And of course, we have our "basically-ranked" Bulls.

All that being said, I welcome the detractors.  Even if they are over the top, they bring some valid points along with it.  If you can't handle negativity (to the point where your mental health actually suffers per the OP's claim), then you don't belong on message boards, especially sports boards.

I mean how boring would it be if everybody simply agreed with each other?

• Content Count:  1,412

The issue is not the negativity, there are decent critiques out there but they get drowned out by 5 pages of people saying we suck, we'll never be good as long as x occurs. 4 pages of smazzaesque responses wears on you, words with no content. (we'll lose 8 more games this year, we will finish 5-7...)

Every time we lose, you have stop reading the athletic board from all the white noise!  

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I agree that some people take it way over the top.  I've had my share of negativity, namely in the past two seasons where we tanked after starting so well.  At times, I think some people have considered me to be one of those "usual suspects", even though everything I say is because of my love for USF Football.  But at the same time, I think most people realize that I say just as much postive stuff, and the negative things I do say actually have merit (unlike the numerous fire CJL posts we see every year).

As far as this year, there should not be no outrage.  We lost to a top 10 team, who is now top 5.  I'm disappointed as hell we lost the game, especially when it was winnable.  But say we did win it, would we expect to see lots of "FIRE BRIAN KELLY" on the Cinci board?  I'm sure there would be some because there are idiots on every message board, but that doesn't make their posts intelligent.

As for CJL, what he has done goes without saying.  I am not sure if he is the coach to get us to national power status, but it's unrealistic to expect us to be a national power at this point in time.  People spewing off "FIRE CJL!" after this loss are pretty ignorant, in my opinion.

Are there things we need improved on our team? OF COURSE.  Does CJL have weak areas that he needs to get better with and does he make what I consider coaching mistakes? ABSOLUTELY.  But that doesn't mean he should be fired.

It seems like a lot of people, especially "new-school" fans, expect us to be a top 10 team.  This is an unreasonable expectation considering we have never finished a season ranked and never won a conference.  Hell, I remember five years ago when most people thought that simply BEING RANKED was unthinkable.  Now, being a top 30 team is simply unacceptable? I don't buy it.

If we go ahead and tank this year again, then bring on the negativity, as it's actually warranted.  But to act like this after one loss to a top 10 team?  Give me a break.  We made mistakes, and theres no problem discussing those mistakes (as I have), but don't act like the sky is falling.

We CONSTANTLY criticize he media for hating on and giving no credit to the Big East, what what exactly do you think you are doing when you are treating these losses like they are the end of the world?  You are basically saying that you don't think Cinci really is a good team.  THE BIG EAST ISN'T THAT BAD, PEOPLE.  We have #5 Cinci, #20 Pitt, #23 WVU, Rutgers who only lost to ranked Cinci and Pitt, and Uconn who only lost to ranked Pitt and ranked (at the time) UNC by 2 points.  And of course, we have our "basically-ranked" Bulls.

All that being said, I welcome the detractors.  Even if they are over the top, they bring some valid points along with it.  If you can't handle negativity (to the point where your mental health actually suffers per the OP's claim), then you don't belong on message boards, especially sports boards.

I mean how boring would it be if everybody simply agreed with each other?

this is a high quality post.

• Content Count:  44

As a member for a few years who is normally a "lurker" I would like to thank Bulliever for everything you do. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Not because I am stopping my support of the Bulls, but because of it.  You jokers think that all we should do is go 12-0, never miss a beat, never have a mistake.  If we do fire Leavitt, fire the coordinators, **** the players and sell all your crap.

This bothers me even more than the loss, so for the sake of my health, bye, until we win.

Hope it is quick, I normally love being here.

what a head case

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

how can you guys get upset about any of this stuff

it isnt like you are diagnosed with cancer

Archived