• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whoooo's to BLAME for THIS!?! (loss to #8 Cincy)

I'm to blame.

I decided to stop running the ball.

I dropped a surefire TD in the 4th quarter.

I decided to get two penalties on one play costing my team 20 yards.

I decided to get 4 penalties and drop 2 interceptions last night.

I missed a field goal.

I am mediocre in the kick return game.

I do not understand how to stay in my lane and stop the draw play.

I blow past the linemen and watch a screen pass get by me.

I lost confidence in my ability after throwing a killer interception.

I dropped several passes.

I am to blame.  Me.  I did it.  Me alone.  And for that I apologize.

AKA Coaching

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

[glow=red,2,300]I blame Micheal Moore just because I want to see his fat *** thrown into the pitt[/glow]

+1,000,000

we're gonna need a bigger pit

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, Cincy has stomped us FOUR straight! Rutgers has stomped us THREE times straight! OBVIOUSLY Cincy and Rutgers have been better than us. DUH! Where did I say that they hadn't?

Since you registered in 2006, you may not have been here lurking or under another name in the great USF/UCiF debates before USF played UCF. If you were, I'm sorry for taking the time to bring up old history, but it informs on my post.

UCF asked USF to play them back when USF was I-AA and had just started the program. USF said no thanks. (Although USF has played other teams when they were new and I didn't like the double standard.) So UCiF fans would bash and bash on what has USF accomplished. Then USF went I-A in 2001 and promptly won at Pitt. And then in 2002 did just as well against the other non-BCS teams as UCiF had done in over twice the time in I-A. The USF/UCiF bashing got really fierce with who was the best. Then USF played them four times from 2005-2008 and settled the debate.

This debate over where the program is and where it is going is different though. I should have been more specific. This isn't 'my glass is fuller than yours', this is 'is the glass half empty or half full'. The objective level of the water in the glass is the same in both view points, but the subjective value of the water in the glass is open to interpretation. In the case of the Bulls, I fully think that USF is doing great and is working towards a bright future. A marathon type race. Others seem to me to think that USF is squandering the chance at the bright future now and keeps coming in fourth in the qualifying heats and missing the chance to run for it all in the finals. I can see aspects of both sides, but I identify more with the marathon than the sprints.

Does that make the sprint people wrong? No. Does it anger me that some want to fire the guy that put all this together and has brought us so far? Yeah, but I try to squash that as it isn't productive. The people that think USF is squandering the bright future now probably think I'm nuts for wanting to keep the coach. ;) Do I think I'm right? Of course, who doesn't? ;) Will I change the other sides minds on something this subjective? Probably not. Will I poke a little fun at the ridiculous threads that pop up that to me scream 'THE SKY IS FALLING'. Yeah, sometimes as I can't always squash that inner 5 year old that everyone has that wants to say nyah, nyah when they are think they are right and the others are wrong. Will they do the same back to me? Probably and I hope I can just laugh it off and not take it seriously as the Mr. Really Mad Internet Sports Fan that I am.

Back to your strawman of the Cincy record. I hated the loss to Cincy as USF could have done so much with a win. They could have done so much more with any of the four losses. That's why Rutgers and Cincy are at the top of my hated rivals list. It runs from the worst W/L records to the best as befits a fan. But as we said in the Army, poop happens. The other guy is trying to win games too you know. Sometimes you get the bearcat and sometimes he gets you. It stinks when it happens, but you have to move on. USF is 5-1 not 6-0. Now go kick Pitt's butt in the Ketchup Palace.

Frankly junior, I have been a Bulls fan and contributing to the program well before the first game, therefore, I need no lesson from you but thanks anyway.  Likewise, trying to indicate some sort of fan quality measurement based upon the registration date at the Bullspen, is idiotic anyway but whatever floats your boat.  Critical comments of a team and staff when they lay eggs is part and parcel of the whole relationship between fans (especially ones who contribute not only money but time and effort attending away games in support of the team) and sports teams.  That's a fact many of you homers fail to come to grips with, I think you should and be bloody thankful for it because apathy is the only thing remaining if disagreement and critical analysis are stifled.  If you don't like their take, ignore it but don't even try to indicate that they are less of fans than some homer who will vilify a UCifer for floundering against us FOUR straight times, but for some ungodly reason, believes that USF floundering consistently from October through November against conference foes has some laudable quality that should immune this team and especially its staff from critical evaluation.  You guys truly are the Pollyanna Gang but you are the ones acting contrary to the time proven relationship between fans and teams. JMHO

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

[glow=red,2,300]I blame Micheal Moore just because I want to see his fat *** thrown into the pitt[/glow]

+1,000,000

This should work

kimberleyhole1.jpg

• Content Count:  108

I think it is too early to say it is another collapse....it is just 1 loss so far....and it was to the best team in the Big East...so lets wait until the end of the season to say this was another collapse.

• Content Count:  1,386

Frankly junior, I have been a Bulls fan and contributing to the program well before the first game, therefore, I need no lesson from you but thanks anyway.  Likewise, trying to indicate some sort of fan quality measurement based upon the registration date at the Bullspen, is idiotic anyway but whatever floats your boat. 

Well I said...

Since you registered in 2006, you may not have been here lurking or under another name in the great USF/UCiF debates before USF played UCF. If you were, I'm sorry for taking the time to bring up old history, but it informs on my post.

I am talking about the debates here and on the UCF rivals site about who was better. Since you didn't register until 2006, I didn't know if you were here and just not registered, so you would have seen those UCF/USF posts, or you weren't here at all and didn't know about those debates on the message boards. Where do I try to indicate some sort of fan quality measurement based on when you registered?

Critical comments of a team and staff when they lay eggs is part and parcel of the whole relationship between fans (especially ones who contribute not only money but time and effort attending away games in support of the team) and sports teams.  That's a fact many of you homers fail to come to grips with, I think you should and be bloody thankful for it because apathy is the only thing remaining if disagreement and critical analysis are stifled.   If you don't like their take, ignore it but don't even try to indicate that they are less of fans than some homer who will vilify a UCifer for floundering against us FOUR straight times, but for some ungodly reason, believes that USF floundering consistently from October through November against conference foes has some laudable quality that should immune this team and especially its staff from critical evaluation.  You guys truly are the Pollyanna Gang but you are the ones acting contrary to the time proven relationship between fans and teams. JMHO

I thought I covered this in the second half of my post. Do I like it when USF loses? No, I just don't think you should throw the baby out with the bathwater. Your opinion obviously varies. Like I said in my post, I'll just have to squash the anger when someone posts that everyone should be fired over a loss. IMO, CJL still has time on the clock to continue building the program. If he has run out your clock, then fine. I wish we could come to some happy medium for debate on the board, because at times, this is getting ridiculous.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think it is too early to say it is another collapse....it is just 1 loss so far....and it was to the best team in the Big East...so lets wait until the end of the season to say this was another collapse.

^^^^^ This, most of you act like we have already lost to Pitt and have collapsed again... have faith  :gobulls

• Content Count:  4,259

^^^^^ This, most of you act like we have already lost to Pitt and have collapsed again... have faith  :gobulls

No one said they didn't have faith, and I certainly haven't said to fire Jim Leavitt (ever), and you don't belong in this thread Dixie Bull since I just saw some of your responses critical of our staff's Cincy game approach and lack of adjustments in the second half.  All good analysis by the way, but that B.S. makes you one of the enemy of the Polyanna Gang.  You need to just blow sunshine and unicorns, or get f'ing lost because your a fairweather fan.  ;)

Plus, I don't believe in the whole premise that UC is the best team in the BE.  They were easily beatable in Tampa and they will be beaten this year.  In addition, there's the little fact that Pitt is the 2nd highest rated team in the BE, with better recruits, and now we are playing them in their stadium for a Blue Out Homecoming, weird how this pattern begins to repeat itself.  If we lose, and I'm certainly not saying we will (although I believe we will if the coaches, like the Polyanna Gang, think that they really can't improve and that it was the lack of talent and execution by the players, and that their stellar coaching had no impact), is this loss also acceptable since, well Pitt is the 2nd best team in the BE and they are ranked high in the polls, and well they have this storied program with national championships won?  Please, this kind of twisted logic is why we now give out participation trophys to youngsters involved in team sports and try not to keep score.  We should all reward the effort and be just as happy for that-----------------f'ing hogwash!  "WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING, IT'S THE ONLY THING!!" true words indeed!  I think we need to live by them and expect them but again, that's just my humble opinion but I am hoping and wishing for some fair-weather.  BEAT PITT!

• Content Count:  5,591

+1,000,000

****, if you say Michael Moore,  I say Rush Limbaugh!

• Content Count:  1,386

+1,000,000

****, if you say Michael Moore,  I say Rush Limbaugh!

Can we throw them both in? Please?

Archived