• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

The kid isnt where he needs to be..........for everyone that said we did not take a step back with him as our QB this year is mistaken. He is not reading the defenses like Grothe was. And let me say, i am a huge fan of both. Both are extremely talented but the true is right now. I wish we had our senior QB. BJ will continue to progress and hopefully become something special, but he needs to make quicker decisions......

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

You are probably right in regards to reading the D, but I have the feeling that Grothe would have looked the same way last night.  Perhaps at this point he would have thrown it away a little more, but Daniels has a better arm.

Face, two catches last night.  The 4th down that was dropped, and Mitchell's drop over the top decided this game.  Oh, and Tressey getting out coached in the 2nd half. 

• Content Count:  154

I agree with the fact that he is not where he needs to be yet but I do see hope for the future and it will come with time:  

Some good things:  I think he has a much more accurate arm than Grothe had (ex. the deep long TD pass during the FSU game), I think the way he spins and jukes is a little better too, IMO and pushing the O-Line up to the line of scrimmage during the 2 minute drill hurry up offense that set us up for Schwartz's field goal to end the 1st half.

The Bad: Freshmen mistakes (ex. last night the interception that set Cincy up for the TD, as well as the decision to throw the ball when he was running last night and it ended up being an incomplete pass.)

• Content Count:  2,277

He's a freshman and will have freshman mistakes.  It doesn't help him when the balls are bouncing off of the receiver's hands and chests.  Also, when BJ had to scramble he was looking downfield as he was getting away no one could get open.  Usually as the QB is scrambling the offense is trying to get open, they seemed clueless.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The 4th down that was dropped, and Mitchell's drop over the top decided this game.   

You must have been watching a different game than I was.

Oh, and Tressey getting out coached in the 2nd half. 

Or because the defense was on the field the entire second half because the offense couldn't get a first down. 

• Content Count:  433

He tried to hard to use the national stage to try and prove the point that he is a throwing QB and not just a running QB.  Many times he could have easily gotten 10 yards instead of trying to throw for 30.  Future is bright, but expect the BE coaches to exploit him as he learns.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

The interception and subsequent 80 yard return (or whatever it was) and the long run by the sawed off 2nd string QB were the game breakers.  

BJ looked like a redshirt freshman last night.  That's what good teams do to young qbs.  Grothe plays that game we have a better shot at winning.  BJ has unlimited potential and will be a great qb in the next couple years.  Even though this game tore our hearts out, I think with the young talent we have, this team will be better set up to make a run in the next couple of years.

Guest Scherdin

Everyone should have known this was going to happen.  He played lights out against FSU and had a good game against Cuse and everyone expected the same if not better results.  It sucks that he under-performed and played like a red shirt freshman last night, but we still saw some of the magic this guy has.

All I can say is the future is going to be bright, BJ will learn from this game and we can all chill out and move on.

• Content Count:  1,985

The 4th down that was dropped, and Mitchell's drop over the top decided this game.   

You must have been watching a different game than I was.

Oh, and Tressey getting out coached in the 2nd half. 

Or because the defense was on the field the entire second half because the offense couldn't get a first down. 

No, I was watching the same game, actually watched it twice, live, and on rebroadcast last night.  When we decided to for the 1st down instead of kick a field goal, and dropped a ball in hand, that turned into a 14 point swing, they scored on their drive.

On the Mitchell drop, that would have been the catalyst to motivate the team and could have turned things around.

Archived