• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Grothe...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You have to be kidding me, a freakin thread about what is in Grothe's mouth.

at least it was only dip...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

This thread is stupid.

I'm going to throw a fat one in my lip in honor of Grothe

• Content Count:  100

cept for he looks like an idiot with that big thing of tobacco in his mouth.

It's his choice, and its not illegal.  I have no problem with it.

G'day everyone, been far too long since I posted but I've been lurking...

Heads-up on this tobacco thing. It IS illegal, per the NCAA rules.

Players, squad members and game personnel (e.g., coaches, trainers, managers and game officials) are prohibited from using tobacco products from the time the officials assume jurisdiction until the referee declares the game over.

PENALTY - Disqualification. On-the-field violations will be penalized a dead-ball foul at the succeeding spot.

I have not found a ruling on donuts yet...

• Content Count:  12,293

thanks aussie. 

i wasnt going to dig into this any further than the comments i made...

but grothe has made it clear that he wants to be a coach and since he wont make an NFL roster his coaching career will have to start at the NCAA level.

if you are addicted to tobacco it will only hurt your chances.

not to mention...matt is what...22 years old?  why would someone that age even consider picking up dip?  it is the most dangerous form of tobacco.  then to have a HUGE amount of it in your lip when you KNOW you are going to be shown on TV is just not a smart move.

he is still a student athlete....hurt or not.  bad move on his part.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I think some of you guys would be shocked to find out the number of coaches and players that dip.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I find it hard to believe that the kid is out for the season, and still some people can find a way to ***** about what he's doing.

It's a nasty habit...not confirmed that he was necessarily doing dip on the sidelines, but who cares. If he does dip, my guess is, he will grow out of it. Not nearly as bad as smoking in my opinion, and an easier habit to kick for the "addicted to tobacco" crowd.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I think some of you guys would be shocked to find out the number of coaches and players that dip.

Not shocked or surprised... but if the rule Aussie states is legit someone better put a call into the athletic dept...

If you want to do it, it's your choice... albeit a dumb one... just don't put the team at risk.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

OMG . . .  ::)

• Content Count:  12,293

I find it hard to believe that the kid is out for the season, and still some people can find a way to ***** about what he's doing.

i find it hard to believe that some people get so upset when you offer anything but kisses and roses to people who are representing our university on the highest level.

its not that big of a deal.  i just dont think dipping is a very good habit for anyone. 

the fact that some many people got upset because someone talked about him looking like a coach and i mentioned the huge mound of tobacco he had in his mouth is what is funny to me.

and ET..save it.  you would probably buy a 13 year old boy some tobacco if he was a top pee wee football player and would let you pose for a photo op.

• Content Count:  1,757

Do I feel bad for Matt?  Yes.  Must this be unimaginably difficult emotionally and mentally?  Undoubtably.  I will cut him some slack and not judge.  I'd probably have done the same thing in his shoes.  But, did the dip look stupid?  Absolutely.  As a senior,  on the sideline you'd hope for him to set a better example.  Remember before last season Grothe talking about quitting Chick-fil-a and starting to do what's right on and off field?  So what happened there? 

Archived