• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SunTrust Building - Cinci game - Oct 15th

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The University of Miami has it's own sod  for the midfield area... they roll it in and out.

USF doesn't have that.  So we get the white flag. 

Sigh....

So many sod farms in the surrounding Tampa Bay area, so little respect from the Glazers and TSA.

Landshark has to store/upkeep additional sod anyway since they also have baseball in their stadium. It wouldn't make sense for TSA to keep a 20 x 20 piece of sod somewhere.

Can we merge this with the OCS thread since we're now talking about painting the field that is not ours? I heard that we should be thankful that we play in such a nice place with the pretty red seats to fire up the Bulls and the giant ark that was used to carry the bulls during the flood, and the goal posts that refuse to let our kickers make FGs (well, that's every field).

Maybe the other tread isn't the answer, but Ray Jay can't be long term. USF needs to get creative. Maybe USF should put some money into the powerball. Couple grand per week when it is over 150M. There has got to be some solution, other schools seem to be able to make it happen.

Again, I'm not talking UCF, I'm talking Minnesota. That should be the model for modern OCSs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The University of Miami has it's own sod  for the midfield area... they roll it in and out.

Sigh....

So many sod farms in the surrounding Tampa Bay area, so little respect from the Glazers and TSA.

Landshark has to store/upkeep additional sod anyway since they also have baseball in their stadium. It wouldn't make sense for TSA to keep a 20 x 20 piece of sod somewhere.

Can we merge this with the OCS thread since we're now talking about painting the field that is not ours? I heard that we should be thankful that we play in such a nice place with the pretty red seats to fire up the Bulls and the giant ark that was used to carry the bulls during the flood, and the goal posts that refuse to let our kickers make FGs (well, that's every field).

Maybe the other tread isn't the answer, but Ray Jay can't be long term. USF needs to get creative. Maybe USF should put some money into the powerball. Couple grand per week when it is over 150M. There has got to be some solution, other schools seem to be able to make it happen.

Again, I'm not talking UCF, I'm talking Minnesota. That should be the model for modern OCSs.

I would take more than powerball, Dallas spent a smooth rolling Billion plus on theirs.  We would want a house at least that nice.  Takes money to have room for 108,000 fans.  why would we want less?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Sigh....

There isn't a single on-campus stadium in the country anywhere near as nice as Raymond James Stadium. Not one.

i hate that **** flag.

this is a nationally televised game, introducing the world to  BJ Daniels and the 2009 big east-contending bulls. We cant get  20 people to pitch in some time and money to show a little pride and re-sod the field? Sign me up. Or better yet, sign up TSA.

and i hope we can get the green and gold on the tower for the cincy game. who do we write to?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Sigh....

There isn't a single on-campus stadium in the country anywhere near as nice as Raymond James Stadium. Not one.

OK, in rebuttal, I have to say that there isn't a single NFL stadium with the college atmosphere/tradition that I saw at Auburn.

If you want to sit in the air conditioner and have your ass caressed by a recliner, most of our games are on TV, you can stay home and watch it. It's not about having the nicest stadium on earth. We don't want a dump either.

I'm not trying to start a big OCS debate, and I am not saying it needs to happen yesterday, but how can anyone not want an OCS because Ray Jay is "nice".

Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium holds 50,000 people and cost 289M. It's not Ray Jay, but, they have club level access, chairbacks in the donor sections, room to expand, etc. 300 Million will build a **** nice stadium, especially in this market. No, it won't be Ray Jay, but it's not too far off.

Take a look through the photo gallery here...

http://stadium.gophersports.com/multi_photo_gallery.html

stadium_1_800x600.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

:deadhorse

• Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

We will have the iconic U at midfield and USF-specific endzones for West Virgina and Miami only. Pitt last year was a Thursday, too, but had the flag and Buccaneer endzones.

Edit: If that even. Bucs were away the week we played CSU and field was still unpainted. Can anyone explain this? Maybe we're not allowed anymore? That's unfortunate if true.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

This thread is so off topic...

I work downtown and live in Hyde Park... The Suntrust building is always the same color every night. The last time I remember them doing anything with it was for the Super Bowl and putting the team colors on there.

How are the lights not green and gold every Saturday, Bucs colors on Sunday, and Lightning colors on their game days? How hard is that to do?

Archived