• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know we don't need another OCS thread but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Going to Doak did make me a little jealous this weekend.

With all the banners with their player's faces on them, and all the Seminole statues and tradition fountains outside.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Really out of all of our athletic facilities, "needs", an on-campus stadium would be the last thing.

I don't think so. If a university focuses efforts on revenue sports like football and basketball then allbother sports will improve.

A stadium is a recruiting tool not only for athletes but potential students.

According to Leavitt and several players RJS is a huge recruiting tool.  I don't think players care if the stadium is on-campus or not.  They just want somewhere nice.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Really out of all of our athletic facilities, "needs", an on-campus stadium would be the last thing.

I don't think so. If a university focuses efforts on revenue sports like football and basketball then allbother sports will improve.

[glow=red,2,300]A stadium is a recruiting tool not only for athletes but potential students.[/glow]

I've heard so many coaches say what a great recruiting tool RayJay is.  Why would a cheaper knockoff version be better just because it on campus?

You guys are so busy trying to "keep up with the Jones's" you have overlooked the fact that we are already ahead of them.

Making a 9 figure investment just to have different colored paint and $100k or so of concession money 6 times a year would be very hard to convince even citi bank that it's a good investment.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I'm curious... if a stadium is shared by teams (Bulls and Bucs, 'Canes and Dolphins, Giants and Jets, etc) do you own the seat for all events? What if a concert comes to town and plays in the OCS, is that still my seat?

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom Line: If you guys want an OCS, you need to tear down some apartments, Mosi or the Mall, and donate around $75-100 million to athletics for a stadium.

Until that happens, save the threads.

Archived