• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know we don't need another OCS thread but....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Additional thoughts.

What happens when the stadium needs repairs, etc.   Special Assessments?

What about ongoing costs (think electricity, lighting, water bills, insurance, etc)

It seems that stadiums have a useful life of about 25 years.  If you have a 50 yr mortgage and it needs to be replaced with newer/better in 25 yrs, who pays for that? What happens to your 50% you still owe.

Did you know the new dalllas stadium cost $1B to build.  Raymond James is estimated at $550M to rebuild it as it currently stands.

If we did get an OCS, it would be an erector set, and we would lose all of the good stuff we have now.  I say no way, no how.

Lets embrace our wonderful, tax payer funded, NFL and Superbowl caliber stadium. 

Yes in deed!  I don't see how anyone who was there would rather have that over what we have?  Not to mention,when the stadium we use gets old, someone else will build a new one.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Additional thoughts.

What happens when the stadium needs repairs, etc.   Special Assessments?

What about ongoing costs (think electricity, lighting, water bills, insurance, etc)

It seems that stadiums have a useful life of about 25 years.  If you have a 50 yr mortgage and it needs to be replaced with newer/better in 25 yrs, who pays for that? What happens to your 50% you still owe.

Did you know the new dalllas stadium cost $1B to build.  Raymond James is estimated at $550M to rebuild it as it currently stands.

If we did get an OCS, it would be an erector set, and we would lose all of the good stuff we have now.  I say no way, no how.

Lets embrace our wonderful, tax payer funded, NFL and Superbowl caliber stadium. 

Yes in deed!  I don't see how anyone who was there would rather have that over what we have?  Not to mention,when the stadium we use gets old, someone else will build a new one.

Really? Take a look at Minnesota's new stadium, I would love to have something like that (with 10k more seats) on our campus. Ray Jay is ridiculously nice, but it's not officially "our house". Even little things like seat color. I got in at FSU early, and because their seats were a neutral color, it didn't look as empty as Ray Jay does when there are empty seats.

I love Ray Jay and have no problems playing there, but that shouldn't be the long term goal. We need our own house. Green and Gold, a place where students can call their own, and a place that gets alumni back on campus on game days.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think 50-55k seats would be more than plenty

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I think 50-55k seats would be more than plenty

Of course, start with that, but leave room for expansion.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, you would definitly need room for expansion.

As for 25 year lifespan...that is professional football ********. Somehow almost every college stadium has survived well over 50 years as a money maker...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see a bank in today's climate approving that loan anytime soon. Also if you own the seat do you have to still buy tickets??

This idea would get the OCS moving forward but the University would still need to take out private loans and get more donations from fans if we are going to get this done right (i.e. seats and not bleachers).

The better idea would be for the Bulls to sell luxury boxes and 10% of the seats for various amounts, slam that into secure high interest accounts and in a few years we could possibly have enough funds on hand to take out a loan. Another couple ideas would be for the Bulls to sell "Bulls Bonds" and to do the paving stone thing.

All we would need is a 50K stadium to start and then leave room to expand it to a 65K, 75K, and then 85K stadium down the road.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Does the university sett aside any money away for a future stadium right now?

Like a stadium fund?

Does the university sett aside any money away for a future stadium right now?

Like a stadium fund?

If you donate and specifically tell them that is what you want the $$ to be used for, they will.

But they have other priorities - and are looking to select someone to design and build the new athletic complex.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Really out of all of our athletic facilities, "needs", an on-campus stadium would be the last thing.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Really out of all of our athletic facilities, "needs", an on-campus stadium would be the last thing.

I don't think so. If a university focuses efforts on revenue sports like football and basketball then allbother sports will improve.

A stadium is a recruiting tool not only for athletes but potential students.

Archived