• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How good can our DLINE be this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Heard during the game that we are actually rotating 11 man front.  I have watched the game 3 times now and if this group can stay healthy I really think that this defense can be pretty special.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not much better then that performance.  That was against one of the best O-Line's in the nation. 

I did read something that JPP said something about how he's still learning the system.  If that makes any difference, he's going to be our next DE all american.

• Content Count:  35

JPP looks like a special player!  That line made FSU lineman look foolish especially coming down the stretch.  The linebackers are really going to start licking their chops if this DL can play like they did this past saturday.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think several of these D-lineman will play in the NFL one day. Maybe individually they aren't the greatest but I don't think offenses can key in on Selvie anymore. Look at how the sacks are spread out. I was surprised we didn't have any sacks in the CSU game but I hope to see a lot against SU Saturday. Truely the 1st passing team we are facing. If they get behind early I don't think 5-8 sacks are out of the question.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So you are saying FSU is not a passing team? Ponder is an elite college qb.

• Content Count:  1,266

we did overpower their o-line...was some of that because we ran different schemes, lots of stunts, etc?  things we didn't do much the first three games

will we have more difficulty now that Syracuse can watch video and gameplan?

• Content Count:  720

we did overpower their o-line...was some of that because we ran different schemes, lots of stunts, etc?  things we didn't do much the first three games

will we have more difficulty now that Syracuse can watch video and gameplan?

+1

We had completely different coverage packages in for FSU that weren't used in the 1st three games. Now we'll see how the defense holds up now that they are officially on film for everyone to study. If they play as physical as they did Saturday I'm not so sure it'll matter if our opponents watch film. They're still going to get slapped in the chops! Lejiste seems like he's going to be a big time head hunter back there and I can't wait till we get J. Young back in there too. No one will want to run up the middle or catch anything over the middle. Gilyard might want to think twice about running a slant over the middle. >:D

Archived