• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Gameday headed to Florida State-Boston College

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

This one is a little odd.  If nothing else there should be some good talk about USF. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/36759/why_college_gameday_is_coming_to_your_city,_if_you_live_in_boston

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I thought it was a strange choice with USC-Cal and Oklahoma-Miami this weekend, but I heard that it is because there is a big charity event in Boston they are going to promote.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

From the blog post, though keep in mind it's total speculation:

<blockquote><i>Well, I'll guess it's mostly because ABC/ESPN's regional lineup of 3:30 games, the slot that Florida State at Boston College is in, is thoroughly underwhelming: Penn State is the only ranked team involved, and ABC/ESPN will be going up against LSU at Georgia, CBS' national broadcast, in the same time slot. If ESPN can use its pregame show to prop up the lame duck of its Saturday lineup, more power to them.

It's also true that the other choices simply aren't that appealing.

ESPN, smartly and rightly, wouldn't want to pump a game televised by another network if it can be avoided, so LSU-Georgia in Athens is out on that metric. The Berkeley location of USC-Cal, festive as Strawberry Canyon is, isn't conducive to the sort of screaming fans at 7 a.m. local time needed for a live show at 10 a.m. Eastern. And Miami, site of Oklahoma-Miami, has a hard enough time getting fans to show up for games most weeks. The GameDay crew knows this, and it's part of why Miami's had just one GameDay visit, and on Labor Day Monday in 2006, since the program fell from its early-decade peak. </i></blockquote>

They are doing a Cancer Awareness thing... and there is a kid at Boston College with cancer...

"Mark Herzlich, the Eagles' star senior linebacker, disclosed earlier this year that he is suffering from the rare disease and will miss the 2009 season while undergoing treatment."

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

its gonna be a terrible game, but for a great cause at least.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

And besides, if you're going to talk about Gameday showing up to a place they shouldn't be at based on the game itself, the USF-Army appearance in '03 is probably the worst matchup they've gone to.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

And besides, if you're going to talk about Gameday showing up to a place they shouldn't be at based on the game itself, the USF-Army appearance in '03 is probably the worst matchup they've gone to.

oh gawwd--- please don't get me started on that clusterfuck

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

They are doing a Cancer Awareness thing... and there is a kid at Boston College with cancer...

"Mark Herzlich, the Eagles' star senior linebacker, disclosed earlier this year that he is suffering from the rare disease and will miss the 2009 season while undergoing treatment."

This is what I've heard

• Content Count:  2,277

I wonder if the USF/Miami game at the end of the season has a chance to have College Gameday at it.

• Content Count:  1,532

oh gawwd--- please don't get me started on that clusterfuck

Wow... I barely even remember that.  So long ago...

Archived