• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spurrier news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

Spurrier to FIU.............. ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  245

You guys might think I'm crazy, but I would take Spurrier over CJL any day of the week.

Spurrier would bring instant attention to USF. High-profile players would want to come play for him. And just having Spurrier on the sideline would increase attendance.

I think the potential for the USF program to grow is there under Spurrier. I'm not so sure it is there under CJL.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely appreciate everything CJL has done for us. He has taken our program a long way in a short period of time. But can he take us to the next level? I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You guys might think I'm crazy, but I would take Spurrier over CJL any day of the week.

Spurrier would bring instant attention to USF. High-profile players would want to come play for him. And just having Spurrier on the sideline would increase attendance.

I think the potential for the USF program to grow is there under Spurrier. I'm not so sure it is there under CJL.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely appreciate everything CJL has done for us. He has taken our program a long way in a short period of time. But can he take us to the next level? I don't think so.

Instant attention.... See George O'Leary in Olrando for a coach with a MNC, name recognition(national coach of the year) and well INSTANT ATTENTION. It hasnt done them much good.

LEAVITT IS USF FOOTBALL. END OF DISCUSSION.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Not to mention John Robinson/UNLV, Johnny Majors/Pittsburgh, and a few other returns that didn't quite match the glory of days gone by.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Could we take him on as an offensive co-ordinator?? I know it seems far fetched but we can fork over some bucks for him, he can coach his son, and on top of that he can remain on a relatively low profile.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

spurrier is 5 levels above gol

it isn't even a close call

\

if usf could afford spurrier he would be a bull

he built florida into a power in the SEC,had exciting fun tems too watch and won a national championship

why would anyone not take spurrier is the real question?

leavitt deserves a ton of credit but come on guys lets get real.you are talking about someone that can  instantly bring in top players from around the country

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Instant attention.... See George O'Leary in Olrando for a coach with a MNC, name recognition(national coach of the year) and well INSTANT ATTENTION. It hasnt done them much good.

LEAVITT IS USF FOOTBALL. END OF DISCUSSION.

C'mon, downplaying the impact SOS would have is ridiculous. Comparing the impact Spurrier would have to O'Leary's impact is absurd. There is no comparison. There is no telling how many instant fans we would pick up including USF grads that are Gator fans.

Having said that, there's no way I want to see it. This is CJL's baby and there's no way he shouldn't be allowed to take it into the Big East.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

C'mon, downplaying the impact SOS would have is ridiculous. Comparing the impact Spurrier would have to O'Leary's impact is absurd. There is no comparison. There is no telling how many instant fans we would pick up including USF grads that are Gator fans.

Having said that, there's no way I want to see it. This is CJL's baby and there's no way he shouldn't be allowed to take it into the Big East.

Your going with the "instant fans" perspective? Please, remember for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every "Spurrier" fan that is added, there is another fan that would drop us becuase they hate the guy. There is no middle ground.

For Smazza, GOL did everything Spurrier did except have an exciting offense, he won a national championship, was coach of the year, and did all of this in Georgia.

You can compare the two. There is no guarentee for any of the assinine predictions people are making about 1) him coming here, 2) the impact that would have.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Hiring Spurrier would be like cheating on your wife.  It might feel good while he's (the whore) here, but after he's gone and the dust settles we'd all feel like dirt.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

would you even think of changing jl for oliar?

and that is the difference between oliar and spurrior