• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two Things

jaym

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I was impressed with the stadium.  First, those 80,000 plus fans were like right on top of the field.  The noise was impressive.  The tradition and chants sat in my head for hours.  Very impressive.  However, I like the comforts of Ray Jay and the fact that I can buy and over priced beer if I want one.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Making all USF fans go through Gate J was a horrible decision.  The guy at FSU responsible for that should've had to wait in that line.

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

It is a typical college stadium.

It is 3/4 the size of Ray Jay, and holds 15,000 more people.  Bleacher seats, poor accommodation,  Pain in the ass to get in and out of (actual field and traffic to/from stadium), but when that is all you have it is great.

Until we have tailgater's shot like UCF'ers at Citrus bowl, I say we stay at RJS. (not saying we will there is nothing wrong with the neighborhood around RJS)

Now don't get me wrong I would love to have a stadium of our own but I think the easiest would to give a big finger to TSA (tampa sports authority) and at least get the field marked up properly for our games.

• Content Count:  1,532

It is a typical college stadium.

It is 3/4 the size of Ray Jay, and holds 15,000 more people.  Bleacher seats, poor accommodation,  Pain in the *** to get in and out of (actual field and traffic to/from stadium), but when that is all you have it is great.

Until we have tailgater's shot like UCF'ers at Citrus bowl, I say we stay at RJS. (not saying we will there is nothing wrong with the neighborhood around RJS)

Now don't get me wrong I would love to have a stadium of our own but I think the easiest would to give a big finger to TSA (tampa sports authority) and at least get the field marked up properly for our games.

I agree.  Just get a better deal at RJS.  No need to waste money on stuff we really dont need.  Besides, the way the Bucs are playing, it could be just ours soon!  ::rolling eyes::

• Content Count:  2,495

Making all USF fans go through Gate J was a horrible decision.  The guy at FSU responsible for that should've had to wait in that line.

Epic Fail:

IMG00019_20090926_1142.sized.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

got lucky with shaded seats but this was far from the hottest USF game I've been to...FAU, FIU, and UCF 2006 & 2007 were all hotter IMO

thought the stadium was really nice on the outside and inside the "bowl" - I don't mind benches but agree the restrooms and concessions could have been better - we were at gate F and only waited a few minutes to get in

Things I haven't seen mentioned: the sections were not labeled well and I saw no designated stat board for drive information, 80% of the time it had advertising or "warchant" on it (personal pet peeve, I'm bad at remembering that info play to play and every time I looked up before a play to see that info it wasn't there)

I brought advil, a travel size sunscreen, and small battery operated fan; throw in the cloud cover, rain, and USF win the only disappointing thing about that stadium was that my "group" was split up and spread out all over - Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know, maybe I am getting old, but I would say that was by far the hottest game I have been to. Maybe because there was more open space in the UCF games mentioned, but I thought I was going to have a heat stroke, never felt that bad after a win in my life. Sun was beating down on my neck until late in the game.

Anyway, I liked Doak, it was weird because it felt pretty small even with the high capacity. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.

Maybe because I am comparing to the Auburn Eagle, but I wasn't all that impressed with their pre-game traditions...of course, HOT was playing over the whole thing, so that may have taken away from it... >:D

• Content Count:  5,903

If it wasn't hotter then the UCF game then it is a close second. I was lucky enough to be in section 325 row 86 with my back against the wall (literally) giving me shade the ENTIRE game. I really felt sorry for everyone in the sun. It looked awful. A number of children were getting medical attention due to that as well.

I personally didn't see the concession stands, but, I did hear first hand that they were ridiculously slow. I think with the amount of concessions we have in RayJay we are very spoiled.  Did they run out of water? Or were they just slow?

Score board was an issue for me too! Every time I looked up to see the down and yard marker they had "WARCHANT" or some lame advertisement. This was during play, not during a commercial or anything. Awful.

Overall, I liked Doak. Does it need certain upgrades, yes. But, it was exactly what I was expecting... which is why I used the bathroom PRIOR to the game starting.

Were we forced to use gate J? I didn't go in there.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Did they run out of water? Or were they just slow?

Yes and Yes. When I went down at the half, I was planning to get 2 bottles of water and a powerade. They ran out of both, so I went with fruit punch which they were almost out of as well.

They may have had water at a different spot in the stadium, I did see them walking around selling water later in the stadium. On the bright side, on the way in and out, there were people selling bottles for $1. The guy I bought from on the way out said he was on his 8th case of water.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I went through 5 bottles of water and 1 blue powerade. During halftime i soaked myself with water, and i still felt like i was gonna pass out.

Archived