• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was USF the first to start the wildcat offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Before the Razorbacks did it with McFadden, we did it with Brian Fisher. Am I wrong??

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Wildcat was started by a high school coach...Several NCAA teams used it well before Arkansas, including FSU with Anquan Boldin.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The Wildcat was started by a high school coach...Several NCAA teams used it well before Arkansas, including FSU with Anquan Boldin.

I mean using RB's in the shotgun. Anquan Boldin was a QB. He became a WR in his junior year, I think.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I mean using RB's in the shotgun. Anquan Boldin was a QB. He became a WR in his junior year, I think.

Wasnt Fischer a QB?

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone watched the Memphis - Ole Miss game, I believe during his interview, Deangelo Williams stated that the wildcat started there.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

If anyone watched the Memphis - Ole Miss game, I believe during his interview, Deangelo Williams stated that the wildcat started there.

The wild tiger.

• Content Count:  136

I had a wildcat trying to get in my pants for a while there back in the early 90's during high school.

• Content Count:  2,726

um...no?

prolly not. 

GO BULLS, though.

• Content Count:  4,016

Fisher was a QB in HS...a pretty freakishly amazing one too that ran the option.  First team all-state, and POY for 4A at Pensacola Pine Forest.  I remember when we signed him, actually it was before many of these sites and all the recruiting age.  Brian was a big deal signee for USF at the time.  USF moved him to receiver when he arrived and he played receiver his freshman year and then made the switch when it was desperate at QB in 2003.

The "Wildcat" is different....generally it's a power sweep right or left with a RB, TE, Athlete of some sort.  Teams use to do it for years with 'direct snaps' and quick pitches, but have slowly moved toward a more direct package generally called "Wildcat" designed for a specific player that teams want to get up field in a hurry...

With Brian Fisher USF wasn't really running a "Wildcat", he was the actual QB and we had set plays and went to more of an option orientated offense.  he was a bad as* high school option QB.  We ran a ton of speed option plays with him, and lots of QB draws, shovels, and naked bootlegs.  Brian was one of those bow-legged little dudes that is so **** quick, and elusive you couldn't catch him in a phone booth.  He was fun to watch.

Archived