• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ>MG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

One last thing when it come to Grothe. If it were not for Matt Grothe we would never have been a top 10 team. Matt wins big games. He shows up and will prob play very well vs FSU and Miami. Its just the conference games we should win that he makes huge mistakes in. The kid is a warrior and wants to win which is easy to see. I think sometimes he may try a little to hard and ends up making dumb decisions. This is his Sr. year and I hope he leaves with USF's first ever Big East Championship.

This

Im just glad we have a capable option for Matt to pass the torch to after this season.  We finally have a legit offense that will have good play calling so Matt should flourish as long as he limits the Turnovers.  BJ will be a great option to come in and change things up or and a great guy to step in if Matt should unfortunately get hurt. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Carlton Hill is better than Pat Julmiste

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Dan MArino is better than Matt Grothe

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

At what?  It wasn't football, as one of the requirements for the QB is to hold on to the ball.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I can't believe that I am even replying to this thread, shouldn't even have read it.

SHORT LEASH--

When exactly would it be appropriate to pull MG? I guess if he has a game where he throws 4 picks and only one TD, that may be a good time...well, what if he has over 400 yards of offense and a rushing TD too? Thats tricky. Lets just say MG gets pulled in 2007 against Cincy. He was horrible that game. As bad as he has ever played. But, big eff'n BUT, he put the game winner in Carlton Mitchell's hands with 10 seconds left. The kid has been nothing short of brilliant, and it is embarrassing to me to be a member of a forum where our so called fans cant wait to dump him and go with the backup who has yet to play one meaningful snap for the Bulls.

If I am a WVU fan, or RU fan, I am sitting back laughing at the retarded fans we have that can't wait to lose a game so that they can blame Matt Grothe. Say what you will, but anyone on this thread (or others), saying anything even remotely related to replacing MG, is doing exactly that. Other than Bullpride, myself, and maybe one more, no one has given the guy any credit for an 19-23 performance...umm, news flash, thats ridiculously good.

If I wasn't so GD addicted to this team, I would be out of here rather than reading **** like this. Couldn't even make it through 2 weeks...pathetic.

As for BJ, I am really pulling for the guy, and I hope he is better than MG in the long run. Of course, he will have much better athletes all around him, MG will fade into obscurity for our fan base, but hopefully, a select few of us will continue to give the kid credit for all he has done for our program.

I have often thought that I wish I had a chance to watch Tony Gwinn one more time, or Dan Marino, or Greg Maddux in his prime. I am a sports fan, and I hope that now that I am a little older, I will always have perspective to watch someone on the team that I love, and know when they are truly doing something special for the team and for the game. But hey, that's just me. For the rest of you, 12 more games, then you will finally be rid of Matt Grothe.

I would just like to repeat, this thread is embarrassing. I can't even describe how it hurts me that MG's family has to read this. Some of you have never been around an athlete possibly playing their last season of a game they have loved since they were 5. It's hard, 18+ years of sacrifice, it comes down to 12 more weeks for MG. If you're half a fan of the USF BULLS, you will be there pulling for him, with every ounce of what you have, every step of the way.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I have a hard time believing that anyone on this board wants the Bulls to lose a game.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'll be honest, there have been times where I've been upset with Matt after a bad performance (as I'm sure everybody has at at least one point or another) but to even think he should be replaced at this point is laughable at best.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

If I am a WVU fan, or RU fan, I am sitting back laughing at the retarded fans we have that can't wait to lose a game so that they can blame Matt Grothe.

Yeah, but they have retarded fans too who are waiting to lose a game so they can blame Jarrett Brown or whoever is playing QB for Rutgers.

Look, MG makes some mistakes. Maybe more than I'd like to see him make. But I really think there's only been two games in his entire career where you can say he was the reason they lost. (Cincy in '07, and WVU last year where he was missing passes left and right). The rest have been team efforts.

• Content Count:  2,726

Wow...this is so stock.  I love it...actually...i hate it!  But its just so funny that we have this going on right now. 

The Seniors on this team like Matt and George are the reason USF is where it is as a school right now.  They came into this with NOTHING as far as rankings and national recognition.

And we are so hungry for further accolades that we are bringing up ridiculous topics like this one. 

If matt is reading this, and i hope he does not.  lol  He should know that this happens everywhere. 

Fans of big-time, particularly florida schools/sports teams love you if you win, but will hate you if you throw an interception/lose.  Thats just the way it goes, and its freaking hilarious. 

Matt Grothe IS a stud, and has been since his first touchdown against McNease St. 

BJ WILL have his time.  He's come to USF at a different time...and he is the next step, for next year.  Grothe and these BULLS have not finished their path.   

I'm still proud to have Grothe as the QB.  When BJ leads us to wins on the road against ranked SEC teams...then we'll know.  But that won't be till Matt has graduated from this fine University, and leaves us only with his years of hard work and dedication to this football program.

And who can forget that time he almost got sacked against pitt and then threw that awesome pass to TJ.  WHOA! 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,027

It's great that we have so much talent at the QB position that we have a quarterback controversy one game into the season (that we won 40-7 by the way).  Most other teams would kill to have either guy running their offense.

That said, stop with the BJ>MG nonsense.  Not only does it make you sound like an ungrateful ***, but you have absolutely no way to know it to be true.  Granted I don't know that it's not, but I'll take the known quantity for the time being.

Archived