• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ>MG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I think BJ can be really good, great even.  And I think he can be better than Grothe, but I'll take Grothe's experience now.  I'm excited to see Daniels in games from time to time and glad that CJL is going to give him that PT to help him and us in the future.

I'm hoping for three great years of Daniels starting built on what Grothe has given us.  I see no reason why we cannot begin to dominate the Big East this year and move on to working towards becoming a national power.  We have a great chance this year to move into the #2 slot in Florida if we can beat both FSU and Miami.  And next year we get to see how we measure up in Gainesville.  With Tebow and others gone we might have a chance, though Florida is always loaded nowadays.

But even the #2 team in Florida can be a national powerhouse.  That's where UF was for a while behind FSU.  And beating FSU and Miami will just strengthen the quality of our recruits and hopefully get us more money to spend on coaching so we can lure more great coaches and keep ours.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Put them both on the field at the same time and split Matt out. That will certainly keep opposing teams on their heels.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Grothe is the starter as he should be, however I hope his leash is short. If he is playing poorly Leavitt needs to pull him. If BJ proves he is a better player than he should be on the field. I dont care if Grothe is a Sr.. Julmiste was a Senior when a redshirt freshman got his chance to lead the Bulls.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe is the starter as he should be, however I hope his leash is short. If he is playing poorly Leavitt needs to pull him. If BJ proves he is a better player than he should be on the field. I dont care if Grothe is a Sr.. Julmiste was a Senior when a redshirt freshman got his chance to lead the Bulls.

Post this on his facebook?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I can't even believe that you compare Matt to Pat Julmiste. Pat was a great kid but his play at QB was terrible.  Loook at his stats and record as a starter and compare it to Matt's.    Look at the Car Care Bowl and the goose egg we scored and the beginning of the Mc Neese State game for starters.  Matt's been the leading rusher for all three years and is about to become the Big East all time yardage leader

• Content Count:  1,037

BJ Daniels should see some playing time in every game this year. He is a dynamic player who has a different style of play than MG. His arm strength is undeniable. MG should, however, remain the starter.

On Facebook I said prove the haters wrong and win the Big East. Right now Grothe is the starter as he should be, but if BJ proves that he is better right now than BJ should play. The Bulls are here to win the Big East and needs to play the best players they have to accomplish that goal.

I can't even believe that you compare Matt to Pat Julmiste. Pat was a great kid but his play at QB was terrible.  Loook at his stats and record as a starter and compare it to Matt's.    Look at the Car Care Bowl and the goose egg we scored and the beginning of the Mc Neese State game for starters.  He's been the leading rusher for all three years and is about to become the Big East all time yardage leader

Oh I agree Matt is 100x's better than Julmiste was. I was just compairing the situations. Both seasons we had a Senior QB and a stud freshman QB.

• Content Count:  1,894

yes yes it is apparent that BJ daniels has potential through the roof and will be great for us, but honestly...Ive been a critic of Matt just like everyone else, but he is our best option to win every game right now. He has the most experience and is capable of getting us atleast 9 wins and proved to win the big game. Lets trust that this year will be the year he can win the games that we are expected to win during the middle of the season. And now we can be at ease knowing that if for some reason GROTHE does need to be replaced we have a backup qb who can do the job.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

beastiebull has been trolling this site almost as long as smazza. Don't take anything he says seriously. You'd have to be crazy to think Daniels is better than Grothe RIGHT NOW, based on one quarter against a I-AA team.

Archived