• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When should we become concerned about Jessie Hester?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

First,  I saw Jessie at Bull Fest on Saturday and he was clearly limping and now on Greg's and Brett's blog they mention that CJL is concerned.  Since this injury happened in April,  is it about time to be concerned? 

• Content Count:  5,241

YES. But be more worried if he doesnt play by charleston southern

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Torn ligaments in the ankle are tough to come back from. Has he had surgery on them?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I've been concerned..I tore ankle ligaments in college playing basketball on the outside court between Iota and Mu (I believe that was it).  Anyway, cast for 8 weeks, taken off, suggested 8 more weeks.  Instead I opted for light rehab. 

I went out early to play basketball on my ankle when I thought it felt strong enough.  Went down again, it sounded like strings breaking on an tennis racket.

Took me nearly two years to walk on it without pain or fear of it rolling over.  To this day, some 25 years later, I still have strength and control problems with it every now and then.

Hopefully, Jesse gets better.  But my hunch is if it is hurting him now, and he's unable to put weight on it, he can just about forget making a cut. 

I hope I am completely wrong after all it is two completely different situations.

• Content Count:  1,867

I think we are all concerned at this point... doesn't sound good...

Injury bug is starting to bite...

Nation

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The time to start worrying about Hester was a a few weeks ago.

It is certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he does not play another snap for the Bulls

We will be lucky to see Hester this season. I say 70% chance we won't 30% chance he will play.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

if Hester doesn't play, this season is in trouble.

we have other guys that can make plays [Carlton, Dontavia, AJ when he comes back if he's 100%], but nobody is as consistent making catches on possession downs with a nose for the first down like he has.

Grothe is going to have to be laser sharp hitting his receivers in the numbers, because none of them are as good at turning a less-than-perfect Grothe pass into a 5-10 yard gain.

• Content Count:  971

Having torn ligaments and broken ankles myself, I agree with Bulliever . . . don't expect him to be the same player this year that he was in the past.  If he wants to play badly enough, he'll see the field (heavily taped).  However, I suspect he'll have to play through near constant pain.  Because he has already graduated, he may just elect to move on if he doesn't want to pursue professional football options.  But, then again, my old bones never had access to a hydrotherapy pool or first class athletic trainers either.

• Content Count:  1,291

no hester

no ford

weak OLine

... its starting to sound like the first 3 games wont be as easy as originally thought.

Don't worry..  We believe in our defense team. They will take care of 3 games.. Our defense may be #1 in the nation until FSU or few games after FSU.  :-)  Agree??

Archived