• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF realizes expectations have increased

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

10-3 would be nice, but 5-2 big east would be not so great but I would take it.  Hope injuries are less this year and we have a focused defense and we have a shot.

Comes down to team chemistry, if they have the leaders and internal focus they can overcome what happens this season.  What I did not see at the FIU game last year I need to see this year.  A leader that people want to follow from the sidelines onto the field and execute.  We might have that with Matt and George.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Top 3 in the Big East, 9-10 wins, bowl victory.

10-3 would be nice, but 5-2 big east would be not so great but I would take it.  Hope injuries are less this year and we have a focused defense and we have a shot.

Comes down to team chemistry, if they have the leaders and internal focus they can overcome what happens this season.  What I did not see at the FIU game last year I need to see this year.   A leader that people want to follow from the sidelines onto the field and execute.  We might have that with Matt and George.

5-2 in the Big East would be the best conference record for the team and is probably enough to tie for - if not win - the conference.

Not sure why that "would be not so great..."

10-3 overall and 5-2 in the Big East would be 4-1 OOC, win the Bowl Game, and only lose 2 conference games (Pitt and Rutgers?)... that's not too shabby.

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

I thought Leavitt said Alvarado was looking good at PK. Anyway, I have had high expectations for 2 seasons now.

Leavitt Wouldn't say anything else!

That was an unsolicited comment that he said when discussing players that were doing well in camp.

• Content Count:  5,241

I want the Big East Now! Set the bar high

I'm sure we have the talent and the coaching for it, and I think it is the next step for us. Beating Miami and FSU will be good too. I think we can do that as well.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

In 2007, the Bulls beat Auburn 26-23 in overtime and No. 5 West Virginia 24-19 to be ranked No. 2 in the country...

uhh, no.

we beat WVU 21-13 in 2007.

the 24-19 game was 2006.

are simple historical facts so much to ask?  i mean this was less than 2 years ago we're talkin about.  yeesh.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

This conference is horrible.  If we do not win it the season is a disappointment.  It's ours for the taking.  No excuses. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt should be on hot seat if usf doesnt win big east

usf isnot going to win big east

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

leavitt should be on hot seat if usf doesnt win big east

usf isnot going to win big east

Yeah, we have 1 top recruit and slew of 2 stars with a 3 star here and there, no excuses we should be NC!  LSU, USC, UF, those teams win their conference with a totally different level of recruit then we have, not 189 or 429 at the position but 1, 4, 15, 35 at their positions. Leavitt has done more with less then any coach I know of in the county. We should have a football team on par with the basketball team, be glad we don't.

• Content Count:  4,642

for Alvarado, there's only so much you can expect when he's kicking and punting.  that is a lot of work for any one kicker.

Archived