• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 USF Bulls Fan Fest Experiences

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bulls fans attending the Fan Fest, please add your comments and pictures to this thread for the rest of Bulls Nation to enjoy.  Tell us about the players you met, the conversation you had, autographs, the atmosphere, etc.  For many of us unable to attend it makes for good reading.

Thank you,

Bulliever

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

It started off probably the weakest of the past few years. Opened the gate late, then the players were pretty late getting there. Then when they did finally arrive they took their team picture. That was pretty aggravating. But when most of the players got there, guys like Grothe, BJ Daniels and Selvie were last ones out. And no one wanted to wait in the line and not get all of them. That is what the worst part was. Just very bad timing with interviews and pictures.

But once it all got going it went great. I really liked having a majority of the players walk around and enjoy it. They seemed to interact more with the fans as opposed to just sitting at a table all day. And its much better to walk around looking for guys than just waiting in a line.

Overall the weather was pretty good after the rain, my flag looks great with the silver marker. (Even though some did bleed through to my UA Polo, but whatever)

And to the D bag dad and Son who wore BRight orange UF Football shirts. Don't wear that. Come on have some respect for the players thta work their asses off.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

That and the woman with them had an FSU shirt on, I wanted to throw them out myself.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I saw the people in Florida gear. And no one I saw gave them crap (although it would've been deserved).

This was my first fan fest, and besides the waiting forever for selvie, it was pretty cool. The players were very nice, particularly Mike Ford, BJ Daniels, and the whole D-line. Moses Plancher was really cool too.

Steve Jacques looks like he's 30, really shocked me. No way he's 18 and a true freshman!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

i will post fully tomorrow.  but suffice to say today was a fantastic day. 

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

Aside from the fact that early on we were going to melt in the heat, the welcome clouds and drizzle were just what was needed to cool things down.  I was disappointed that the RBs were not at the table when we went through, but having Matt, B.J., and Evan right there was awesome.  The "wandering" players were great for photo ops.  I took a photo of my 11 month old son in the arms of one of our biggest guys (he looked so tiny!) and it was worth a million $$.  Just seeing the players and mixing with them was awesome.  BTW, no one showed up at Busch Gardens for the play date. That was too bad : ???

• Content Count:  7,693

This was my first fan fest as well... like Bullmedic said, the waiting around while interviews were done was annoying, they should had picked another time to do it. Once everyone got out the lines went quicker, the rain made it more tolerable and I only missed one autograph I wanted to get.

The worst part was the TSA turds whom shut down the autograph lines about 10-15 minutes early given that they opened about 25 minutes late.

I also saw the Gayturd family and while tempted to peg them with my sample nesquick bottles I refrained...

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Saw the family with the orange crap on. Saw another kid with orange, and another w/ a TEXAS TECH shirt!?!?!?! I think the players wandering around was the best part. Carlton Mitchell was walking around taping the whole thing which was neat. Real nice getting to talk to Leavitt; arguably the most genuine person I have ever met. Overall great time with a good turnout.

• Content Count:  6,574

We had a great time at fan fest.  Like others have said, media day should be at another time.  Waiting around during that time annoyed us.  The players were great.  We were able to talk with many of them and get pictures as well as autographs.  I bought the white mini helmet and many of the players said they really liked the white helmet and hoped to wear it a couple of times.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If anyone has pictures they can upload, their is a fan album set up at Bulls Pics:

http://www.bullspics.com/gallery/2009Fan-Fest

You only need to have a free account there to upload and comment.

Those of us unable to attend will certainly appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you.

Archived