• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disabled Parking or Drop-Off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Hello!

Has anyone had any experience with disabled parking or the drop-off area?

I'm going to bring my mother to her first Bulls game and she requires disabled accommodations.

Thanks!!!

• Content Count:  407

I didn't know if this is what your looking for.

bucs_parking_screen.gif

• Content Count:  2,511

Hello!

Has anyone had any experience with disabled parking or the drop-off area?

I'm going to bring my mother to her first Bulls game and she requires disabled accommodations.

Thanks!!!

If your mother has a disabled parking hang tag, then you can park in the disabled section as long as she brings an id card.  The police at the parking gate usually check the id against the hang tag to verify that the disabled person is actually in the vehicle.  The disabled person does not have to be the driver.

It is on a first come, first serve basis.  If the standard disabled lots fill up, then they direct the parking to the closest rows in parking sections 3 & 4.  I would recommend getting to the parking lots at least an hour before the game starts to get a disabled spot.  You can tailgate in those areas as well; I have seen many of the people in the disabled section tailgating.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Don't know your situation, but we brought someone who had a hard time walking once.  Parked in the handicap spaces adjacent to the stadium.  But there was still a lot of walking to be done.  We were parked at about midfield and then we had to walk to one of the corner entrances.  The poor guy had to stop and rest a couple of times.  I would recommend bringing a wheelchair if the person really struggles.  Or, perhaps dropping off right as you enter near a corner gate would be even better.

• Content Count:  172

Thanks for the replies.

We'll definitely be arriving early to tailgate a little and to ensure we gain access to the disabled lot.  I appreciate the tip about the ID.  I'll make sure she has it ready for inspection.

She's not wheelchair bound, so she can walk at a slow pace.  Limited use of the left-side will do that.  If we have to rest, no prob.  Once she gets inside with a frosty beverage and hot dog in hand, none of that will matter.  :)

Thanks again!!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks for the replies.

We'll definitely be arriving early to tailgate a little and to ensure we gain access to the disabled lot.  I appreciate the tip about the ID.  I'll make sure she has it ready for inspection.

She's not wheelchair bound, so she can walk at a slow pace.  Limited use of the left-side will do that.  If we have to rest, no prob.  Once she gets inside with a frosty beverage and hot dog in hand, none of that will matter.   :)

Thanks again!!!

Also, there is an opening in the stadium fence right near the disabled parking lot which you could probably use rather than walking to the regular entrances. I don't know what proof of disability, if any, she would need in order to use that entrance. You might want to check on that with the stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

I park in Lot C and it is close to the Disabled entrance.  I use a cane so when they see me coming they just open the gate.  No Prob.  We get there early (about 2-3 hours) and are usually the first vehicle in, although it does fill up quickly.  Probably not for Wofford, though.  Look for a silver 2009 GMC Sierra and I'll hook you up with a Budweiser.

Good tip on having the yellow paper that goes with the hangtag.  They caught 13 people with false hangtags at one bucs game.  That is why they started checking.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, it makes me feel good to see Bulls fans helping each other out so well.

Go Bulls!

Archived