• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are very spoiled & Congrats Bobcat99

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Last minute decision this afternoon to take my son to the UCF-Ohio game.  We had always wanted to see the citrus bowl and I wanted to see what a UCF game was like.

No flame to our UCF buds, but Yikes - the citrus bowl is pretty much a dump.  I was shocked that they play a major new years day bowl in that hole.  No chairbacks anywhere, real tight room between seats, awful concessions and rust/paint peeling everywhere.  After a while I realized that maybe we are just REALLY spoiled with RayJay.

On the positive side, I must give the UCF students major props - they were out in force and everyone of them really into the game with organized cheers, knowing when to be loud and when to be quiet, etc.  The other really nice thing was a major stats board that scrolled the entire game with up to the second stats on every aspect of the game - rushing by player, receiving by player, passing, TOP, etc.

And finally, Congrats to Bobcat99 - Ohio won 17-16 in the first overtime because UCF missed an extra point.

BTW, I would guess there was maybe 17-18,000 there and it was their homecoming.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

Some UCF fans on the rivals board are already calling the missed XP in OT a conspiracy by the MAC officials. Others are more realistic. UCF now has a school record 13 straight losses.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Some UCF fans on the rivals board are already calling the missed XP in OT a conspiracy by the MAC officials. Others are more realistic.

In another thread I said that the refs called the exact same thing on 2 Ohio field goals.  They were both just above the right upright and they called both no good.  Ohio would have won in regulation - I don't see the lone gunman theory here.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

WTG ohio nice win.

can't wait to hear the spin from the gnats to the east

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

heh. thanks. To be honest, I didn't even go to the game -- I had a social opportunity and said I'd only go if my alma mater showed direction in the department and fired our coach. No firing came, so I stayed home. I know I'm glad we didn't stop the nation's longest losing streak for the second straight year (we bookended buffalo in 2002-2003).

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

heh. thanks. To be honest, I didn't even go to the game -- I had a social opportunity and said I'd only go if my alma mater showed direction in the department and fired our coach. No firing came, so I stayed home. I know I'm glad we didn't stop the nation's longest losing streak for the second straight year (we bookended buffalo in 2002-2003).

Yep, 13 straight games is the nation's longest active losing streak for a I-A program. It is also a new UCF record as the old one for them was 12 in '81-'82.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Last minute decision this afternoon to take my son to the UCF-Ohio game.  We had always wanted to see the citrus bowl and I wanted to see what a UCF game was like.

No flame to our UCF buds, but Yikes - the citrus bowl is pretty much a dump.  I was shocked that they play a major new years day bowl in that hole.  No chairbacks anywhere, real tight room between seats, awful concessions and rust/paint peeling everywhere.  After a while I realized that maybe we are just REALLY spoiled with RayJay.

On the positive side, I must give the UCF students major props - they were out in force and everyone of them really into the game with organized cheers, knowing when to be loud and when to be quiet, etc.  The other really nice thing was a major stats board that scrolled the entire game with up to the second stats on every aspect of the game - rushing by player, receiving by player, passing, TOP, etc.

And finally, Congrats to Bobcat99 - Ohio won 17-16 in the first overtime because UCF missed an extra point.

BTW, I would guess there was maybe 17-18,000 there and it was their homecoming.

Close guess. It was 20.5K.  The students know how to have a good time for sure.  

Yeah I can see how the CB is a dump.  The trough urinals with rust all over them.  However, it's not nearly as bad as some teams have it.  And we pay a heck of a lot less rent on that facility than you guys pay at RayJay.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I'd rather pay the rent than jockey for position with the rats when I take a wiz!!!

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Yep, 13 straight games is the nation's longest active losing streak for a I-A program. It is also a new UCF record as the old one for them was 12 in '81-'82.

Kizarvexis

Another ucf record drops  ;D

It is amazing that a New Year's Day Bowl is played there  :P