• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls fortunate to have two good kickers... who is he kidding?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

i will ask it again

does usf have a freshman stud kicker?

if not why not?

I'm guessing they felt good having a sophomore stud kicker for the next three years.  You do know about scholarship limits, right?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

what do you expect him to say?  'we are doomed'

???

exactly.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It's not often in life you get a "do over."

Instead of crazily ranting about the end of life as we know it, I'll see if Delbert can come back and come through for his team on this second go round as the placekicker.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Delbert's issues seem to come from the hash marks. If the ball is in the center of the field he seems to have a good chance as long as he doesn't kick it too low and it gets blocked. It seemed like about 25% of his kicks were blocked. That said, it could be a 25 yard kick and if it was from the hash then forget about it. Hopefully, if these problems continue the coaches will call plays around them. So if we think we are going to have to kick a field goal then just run the ball to the center of the field on 3rd down or just go for the 1st down on 4th and give up on the field goal if it doesn't seem likely DA could make it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

With Gregory gone, who is the holder this year? 

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Evan Landi was the holder at end of spring drills ...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

could we raid our soccer team and find a kicker? ;D

We actually couldn't.  We are to the limit with football scholarships.  A player on a soccer scholarship cannot be a member of the football team.  He would have to use a football scholarship, which arn't available and that means to do it he would have no athletic scolarship.

Why is everyone talking about how good of a punter DA is?  Yes, I agree, he is a good PUNTER.  The situation here is replacing our field goal kicker, which no one in their right mind can agree that DA is a good replacement for MB.  That is why MB replaced DA in the first place.

Because he was never supposed to be the one kicking field goals.  His scholarship exists for him to punt the football.

Despite Delbert not being a good replacement for Maikon he is the best replacement we have.  He's the best uninjured FG kicker on the team and it makes the most sense that he will be kicking.

I just don't think we should be trashing and complaining that a guy is going to fill in for an injured player.  Are we going to lambaste BJ if Grothe gets injured for not being as good?

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

does bill gramatica have any eligibilty left?

I didn't think he ever recovered from pulling his groin a few years back?!?

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

We actually couldn't.  We are to the limit with football scholarships.  A player on a soccer scholarship cannot be a member of the football team.  He would have to use a football scholarship, which arn't available and that means to do it he would have no athletic scolarship.

I know it's not an option....I was being sarcastic.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I know it's not an option....I was being sarcastic.

Well, scholarship's aside it is an option.  The only problem with grabbing a soccer guys who can kick is the same problem that Alverado has.  Alverado did kick that 53ish yard FG, he just has no accuracy.

IMO, sarcasm rarely comes across well in internet lingo.

Archived