• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls fortunate to have two good kickers... who is he kidding?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

You know, when I first read the headline, I was thinking, "What? Do we have a kicker I didn't know about?"

NO! We have 'A' kicker and a good one that is doubtful for the season. Just an observation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I think Delbert is very confident in his ability, he just can't put that confidence into action under pressure in game time situations. Even with that said, he has came through a couple times on big FG's when we needed them after slumps so I will give Delbert the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he can prove to us that he has advanced some way in his field goal ability i won't judge him negatively. If he does anything worse than 80% through the posts i will be highly disappointed and upset, but either way he has my support until Bonani can return to 100%.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

First off for anyone posting on here saying that Delbert is a horrible D1 kicker is like the average golfer saying that Tiger is horrible off the tee. Both of them are at levels much higher than anyone posting on here has been at, at that respected position. I respect Delbert for always trying to step up to the plate and I believe that he always does his best and has never made an excuse for his misses. He has taken all responsibility for his inconsistancey and as a competitor and athlete do you believe that he's not trying to get better? Also, Delbet is an outstanding person and that garners respect no matter what his FG % is. He was right there to earnestly cheer on Bonani when he took over Delbert's starting job. Let's also not forget that Delbert was recruited as a punter not a place kicker.

Delbert is a devout Christian and I'm sure he's praying over this new opportunity for redemption and that is exactly what this season will be for him, REDEMPTION.

• Content Count:  7,890

Dont be too hard on DA. First he was brought in here to PUNT not be a PK and second he's one of the best punters in the BE

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

personally, I hope he does redeem himself. I just know that any time I saw him go out on the field to attempt a field goal, it worried the he** out of me cause you never knew what you were going to get. I'm fine with him punting, but the field goals killed us, and can you really compare him to tiger? come on....

• Content Count:  720

2000Bull. Not comparing Delbert to Tiger at ALL. Just saying that D1 is the highest level of college football and PGA is the highest level of golf.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Delbert's a great punter, and unfortunately the best kicker on the team for a second year now.

Don't jump down the kids throat for his poor accuracy.  He's wasn't the starting kicker for a reason.  He's a great punter and can come in for that low percentage 50+ yard field goal at the end of a half.

I blame the coaches 2 years ago for not lining up a solid kicker and making a punter do it, and this year will be the result of injuries.

At least Delbert has been working on improving his kicking.  The kid is certainly doing everything he can do to fill in.

Did I mention he's a great punter?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What do you want the coaches to say? 

• Content Count:  2,523

I think Delbert is very confident in his ability, he just can't put that confidence into action under pressure in game time situations. Even with that said, he has came through a couple times on big FG's when we needed them after slumps so I will give Delbert the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he can prove to us that he has advanced some way in his field goal ability i won't judge him negatively. If he does anything worse than 80% through the posts i will be highly disappointed and upset, but either way he has my support until Bonani can return to 100%.

Dave you are crazy.  Let me get this straight.  You want our PUNTER to come in and be almost 10% better than the FG kicker he's replacing?  MB was 15 for 21 or 71.5%.  So if he's anywhere close to 70%, unless MB significantly improved this offseason, then we're not going to be missing much in this area.  The key will be not having to rely on FGs PERIOD!

If we're relying on FGs to finish drives with the talent we have on this offense, something is seriously wrong and deserves our attention much more than the kicking game.

• Content Count:  12,293

does bill gramatica have any eligibilty left?

Archived