• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF shout out in Tank McNamara comic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I took the minor-major, the "made it to 2 for a week"  and then the academics remarks as "slams" to USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I took the minor-major, the "made it to 2 for a week"  and then the academics remarks as "slams" to USF.

Would it be blasphemous if I think minor-major is a pretty good description at this point in time?

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Being a minor major is better than being a major minor.  "Two for a week" really has been the pinnacle for us, so far.  And what a heady week that was!  Perhaps if we could win the BEAST and grab a BCS Bowl win, people might soon forget the "2 for a week" tag.  GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Being a minor major is better than being a major minor.  "Two for a week" really has been the pinnacle for us, so far.  And what a heady week that was!  Perhaps if we could win the BEAST and grab a BCS Bowl win, people might soon forget the "2 for a week" tag.  GO BULLS!

Heck, they call CUSA a mid-major conference.  Minor Major sounds like a backstep even from CUSA. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Heck, they call CUSA a mid-major conference.  Minor Major sounds like a backstep even from CUSA. 

A minor Major is still a Major ... The cartoon inappropriately inserted a hyphen where one is not needed.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Not bad press at all IMO. I think we should enjoy the moment. If anything, it's free marketing for the University. Depending on how many people read this strip, the University of South Florida just reached a new demographic of individuals. Personally, I say HOF the comic. One day down the road, this will be another time capsule demonstrating the long road to greatness.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So, assuming this post is really from the cartoons which were published (ie not something doctored up with photoshop or something) who is the author of the strip, and what is his relation to USF?  Why would he take a pot shot at us?  Alll schools are looking at and increasing athletics/activities fees.  Especially in light of budget shortfalls.

I didn't see it as a shot at USF at all.  My reading was it was more a shot at schools who are trying to mimic our success as a university by starting a D1-A football program.  THere is a lot more to the meteoric rise over the last 10 years of USF than college football.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

maybe I misread but I understood it to mean that USF is a school most people didn't know much about, or know at all until their quick rise in football that year...I wouldn't say that's a slap in the face but the truth. Our football team's success brought a national spotlight on the university

I don't think it was a slap in the face, just a pretty accurate observation that was relevant to the comic

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I think the sacrastic comment about academic prestige, that they typed in bold to make it stick out, would be the comment most would take as a slap in the face.

maybe I misread but I understood it to mean that USF is a school most people didn't know much about, or know at all until their quick rise in football that year...I wouldn't say that's a slap in the face but the truth. Our football team's success brought a national spotlight on the university

I don't think it was a slap in the face, just a pretty accurate observation that was relevant to the comic

Archived