• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joe Tresey is new DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

of all of the candidates, he is the one who most excited me.  He has done this, beaten us, and won the BE conference.  Also his previous conference.

I think this is a no brainer.

I suspect that either the first interview didn't go well, or CJL was going down the Co Defensive Coordinator route and letting the guys compete for the role.  This guy probably said "no way".

Great hire.  A good day for USF.

Tresey did something Wally couldn't, win a conference and have a solid record in the BE.  

This is a great day.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

great coach!

hope he does well with the talent we have.

we could be scary good on defense

• Content Count:  2,478

wonder if $$$$ was an issue?

I think it was more of an issue with the Co-Coordinator situation

• Content Count:  15

I think it's funny everyone was worried it took 2 weeks. I'm really glad we got the guy we all wanted.

• Content Count:  849

I've been calling this for atleast a week, I'm almost positive that he was the guy Leavitt wanted all along but he used all those other interviews as leverage in contract negotiations....I think Demerest will be the DB coach when its all said and done and Tresey will coach LBs

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I've been calling this for atleast a week, I'm almost positive that he was the guy Leavitt wanted all along but he used all those other interviews as leverage in contract negotiations....

If you believe the media those interviews turned into offers which were turned down so I don't think CJL was trying to bluff Tresey. For whatever reason, Leavitt had moved on beyond Tresey but came back to him after being spurned by the others.... if the reports are correct.

• Content Count:  5,241

Sometimes I think Leavitt reads this board, and decides to screw with everyone on here for a little while. Then after everyone goes completely insane, he just goes and does what we wanted him to do in the first place.

Guest nybullsfan

Here's a Machiavellian thought for you all.

CJL and Tresey both knew all along that Tresey was going to take the job, but...

In order to help out some new friends, CJL "offered" the job to a few other people who were in contract talks.

All those folks who turned CJL down never really were in the running, but now they've gotten a fat raise for sticking around, and they owe CJL a big favor sometime in the future.

Signed,

Grassy Knoll Society

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Here's a Machiavellian thought for you all.

CJL and Tresey both knew all along that Tresey was going to take the job, but...

In order to help out some new friends, CJL "offered" the job to a few other people who were in contract talks.

All those folks who turned CJL down never really were in the running, but now they've gotten a fat raise for sticking around, and they owe CJL a big favor sometime in the future.

Signed,

Grassy Knoll Society

That actually doesn't sound too far-fetched. Like he couldn't justify hiring them as a DC but he still wanted to help them out? But maybe later, if someone throws a huge sack of money at Tresey and they have some more experience, he can come calling on them?

Archived