• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Speaking of the Economy... HOT at FSU??!? Please say they will.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Whats the deal with this. We can't show up at the Doak without our band. Can we?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I hope they send HOT up to Doake... If I have to listen to the Chop and the War Chant all friggin day I'll go crazy.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see why they wouldn't. It's a day trip. No overnight needed which saves $$$.

Don't worry, I'd put money on HOT being there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I love HOT to death... but I hope there isn't enough money... There's a reason alot of schools don't take their band to Doak.

It's like Elon going to play USC...

If they do go, pay attention... you can say what you want about the war chant but Chiefs is on another level as a program when it comes to organization and execution.

• Content Count:  2,478

I love HOT to death... but I hope there isn't enough money... There's a reason alot of schools don't take their band to Doak.

If they do go, pay attention... you can say what you want about the war chant but Chiefs is on another level as a program when it comes to organization and execution.

Went to Auburn and trust me it makes the expierience all the better.

Especially for the post game celebration.......... ;D

• Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

They better be there!!!!

• Content Count:  2,726

Im sorry  but WHAT?!??!

I know that the HOT Band  is not as "Sudler Trophy Worthy" as the "mighty" marching cheifs.  But you know what, they are a fantastic College Marching Band.  Just cause FSU has more tradition and organization doesn't mean its NOT OK to send THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA HOT BAND!!!

FWIW...I love the Marching Chiefs.  They were the first college marching band I ever heard and I love 'em.  BUT...I also did HOT Band for 2 years(was section leader) and know that HOT Band(right now) is NO JOKE!  They have a style all there own and are on the way to becoming the Best Band in the state...with FSU as the only one that I would say is better right now. 

You know ONE thing that HOT has over the chiefs right now?  VARIETY!!!

They can play circles around Chiefs playbook...I HAVE BOTH OF EM.

BTW...I PLAY TRUMPET PROFESSIONALLY SO I KNOW WHAT THE F**K IM TALKING ABOUT!!! 

HOT Band will go...because its a day trip.  Easy to travel, too.  They will show up extremely well(like our fans will) and represent the University with Pride. 

Remember Auburn?  There band was pretty good too...lol

We're not doing a battle of the bands here...we're playing a FOOTBALL GAME with each other.  THE FIGHT SONG, MARCH V, and THE BULL...NEED TO BE HEARD!!

BTW...I hate it when alumni or students talk like this...they think its easy to mobilize 350 people and make them sound good.  I got news for you...IT ISN'T!!!

HOT BAND is one of the pillars of the USF Athletic experience!!!

BTW...we still have guys in the HOT trumpet section that can Single-handedly out-play the entire Chiefs trumpet section.

"Above thy gleaming spleandor, waves green and gold!!!"

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,241

ill pay for them to go...well maybe 3 of em...

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I would expect every member of Hot to be there. If I can fly in from Phoenix (and I've already booked my flight), I would expect a group that bleeds green and gold to make it to the biggest game all season. There's was nothing better at the end of the Auburn game than Hot playing the same song over and over again (not sure what the name of the song is, but I can hum the song like it's nobody's business).

• Content Count:  2,363

Forget that. The Chiefs are great (though they're arguably not even the best band in their own city) but the HOT should be there a) to support the team, which is job 1 and B) not showing because you think the other band's better is a ***** move. You gotta play the best!

Archived