• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Speaking of the Economy... HOT at FSU??!? Please say they will.

Guest USF-TechGuy

Spoke to H.O.T. dept.

They don't know yet if they are going... it's actually up to the Athletics dept. not them (the H.O.T. Dept.)

But once they find out i'll post

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

If they don't go, they better be prepared for the public outcry that will eventually make them go...

.... so they better go.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Bulls 8_va 100%.  The gap between HOT and the FSU band is closing rapidly (HOT gets better every year and the FSU band stays pretty much the same from one year to the next).

• Content Count:  1,400

I love HOT to death... but I hope there isn't enough money... There's a reason alot of schools don't take their band to Doak.

It's like Elon going to play USC...

If they do go, pay attention... you can say what you want about the war chant but Chiefs is on another level as a program when it comes to organization and execution.

Im sorry  but WHAT?!??!

I know that the HOT Band  is not as "Sudler Trophy Worthy" as the "mighty" marching cheifs.  But you know what, they are a fantastic College Marching Band.  Just cause FSU has more tradition and organization doesn't mean its NOT OK to send THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA HOT BAND!!!

FWIW...I love the Marching Chiefs.  They were the first college marching band I ever heard and I love 'em.  BUT...I also did HOT Band for 2 years(was section leader) and know that HOT Band(right now) is NO JOKE!  They have a style all there own and are on the way to becoming the Best Band in the state...with FSU as the only one that I would say is better right now. 

You know ONE thing that HOT has over the chiefs right now?  VARIETY!!!

They can play circles around Chiefs playbook...I HAVE BOTH OF EM.

BTW...I PLAY TRUMPET PROFESSIONALLY SO I KNOW WHAT THE F**K IM TALKING ABOUT!!! 

HOT Band will go...because its a day trip.  Easy to travel, too.  They will show up extremely well(like our fans will) and represent the University with Pride. 

Remember Auburn?  There band was pretty good too...lol

We're not doing a battle of the bands here...we're playing a FOOTBALL GAME with each other.  THE FIGHT SONG, MARCH V, and THE BULL...NEED TO BE HEARD!!

BTW...I hate it when alumni or students talk like this...they think its easy to mobilize 350 people and make them sound good.  I got news for you...IT ISN'T!!!

HOT BAND is one of the pillars of the USF Athletic experience!!!

BTW...we still have guys in the HOT trumpet section that can Single-handedly out-play the entire Chiefs trumpet section.

"Above thy gleaming spleandor, waves green and gold!!!"

GO BULLS!!!

Amen Brother they are getting better every year Im still waiting for the cd to come out

by the way was it you that plays for blast?

• Content Count:  32

Just a reminder:

The HOT does not control any funds related to travel, so it is not the Band's decision to go or not.  We are ready to proudly represent our University wherever we are sent.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  809

It also might depend if both athletic departments would rather give up the 300+ seats (or however many come with the band) for HOT than to sell those 300+ seats.

However, it'd be cool to see HOT and the Marching Chiefs do a pregame similar to that of the FSU-UF pregame every year. Both bands split the field down the 50 and play together.

Lastly....if you plan on driving back AFTER the game....you might want to rethink your route if HOT shows up....nothing like sitting behind a train of buses going below the speed limit on I-10 for 90 miles.

• Content Count:  2,726

I love HOT to death... but I hope there isn't enough money... There's a reason alot of schools don't take their band to Doak.

It's like Elon going to play USC...

If they do go, pay attention... you can say what you want about the war chant but Chiefs is on another level as a program when it comes to organization and execution.

Im sorry  but WHAT?!??!

I know that the HOT Band  is not as "Sudler Trophy Worthy" as the "mighty" marching cheifs.  But you know what, they are a fantastic College Marching Band.  Just cause FSU has more tradition and organization doesn't mean its NOT OK to send THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA HOT BAND!!!

FWIW...I love the Marching Chiefs.  They were the first college marching band I ever heard and I love 'em.  BUT...I also did HOT Band for 2 years(was section leader) and know that HOT Band(right now) is NO JOKE!  They have a style all there own and are on the way to becoming the Best Band in the state...with FSU as the only one that I would say is better right now. 

You know ONE thing that HOT has over the chiefs right now?  VARIETY!!!

They can play circles around Chiefs playbook...I HAVE BOTH OF EM.

BTW...I PLAY TRUMPET PROFESSIONALLY SO I KNOW WHAT THE F**K IM TALKING ABOUT!!! 

HOT Band will go...because its a day trip.  Easy to travel, too.  They will show up extremely well(like our fans will) and represent the University with Pride. 

Remember Auburn?  There band was pretty good too...lol

We're not doing a battle of the bands here...we're playing a FOOTBALL GAME with each other.  THE FIGHT SONG, MARCH V, and THE BULL...NEED TO BE HEARD!!

BTW...I hate it when alumni or students talk like this...they think its easy to mobilize 350 people and make them sound good.  I got news for you...IT ISN'T!!!

HOT BAND is one of the pillars of the USF Athletic experience!!!

BTW...we still have guys in the HOT trumpet section that can Single-handedly out-play the entire Chiefs trumpet section.

"Above thy gleaming spleandor, waves green and gold!!!"

GO BULLS!!!

Amen Brother they are getting better every year Im still waiting for the cd to come out

by the way was it you that plays for blast?

Yes...this next contract will be my 5th with the Broadway Show Blast, since 2005.  I am a USF Alumni and proudly tour the world spreading the word of USF and the HOT band.  I am currently with the Broadway show, "The Drowsy Chaperone" playing trumpet.  We'll be at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater in May.  Check it out...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that HOT is there, it makes all the difference in road game experience.

BTW: Who are the Chefs?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Content Count:  5,241

As long as they quit playing the cartoon halftime, I am happy.

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

The USF Herd of Thunder is a really great marching band considering how many years they have been around. 

But I only have one problem with them this past season... The subject of the halftime show this past season was terrible.  Really, cartoons???  People dressed up in costumes running around??? Yes, the music sounded good, but the subject def. made me feel embarrased.  Expecially after following the University of Memphis band.  But hopefully this upcoming season, there is a much better halftime show...

The marching band should be given the funds to go up to Tally.  It makes us look good in the world of college football.  We need some balance between the FSU fight song after every 1st down.

Archived