• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You guys see how Ray Jay is decked out for the Superbowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The local committee raised $7 million... and TSA is making plenty of money from this, so they can afford the $85K to replace the sod.  (Think of it, they are renting almost all of the parking lots for NFL Experience stuff.)

Whether they can afford it or not it is a waste of money to tear up and replace a perfectly good field. I am assuming it was in good condition. I know they didn't have a choice in the matter as it was a requirement imposed by the NFL.

The turf was unbelievable last night.  It looked fake it was so nice.  Well worth the cost imho.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the glazers made a ton of money on this.  Renting out the parking areas.  Beers went up to $10 each, again more profit. 

They are making money at ever turn, using Taxpayer facilities to do so.

It woud be like having a neighbor come by and ask to borrow your lawnmower, indefinitely, and then opening a landscaping and yard servce business with it.  You'd say no, but the city of Tampa said "yes".  I'm glad I live in Pinellas and am not paying for that deal.  Though I am glad USF gets to use it.  :-)

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

So the glazers made a ton of money on this.  Renting out the parking areas.  Beers went up to $10 each, again more profit. 

It woud be like having a neighbor come by and ask to borrow your lawnmower, indefinitely, and then opening a landscaping and yard servce business with it.   You'd say no, but the city of Tampa said "yes".   I'm glad I live in Pinellas and am not paying for that deal.  Though I am glad USF gets to use it.  :-)

Enjoy paying for that new baseball stadium if that gets thru  ;D

• Content Count:  639

RAY JAY looked great last night and NBC does a great job w/ their camera shots of the city and stadium, Tampa did a pretty good job hosting, didn't hear too many complaints from visitors(sorry Jacksonville ha)

It woud be like having a neighbor come by and ask to borrow your lawnmower, indefinitely, and then opening a landscaping and yard servce business with it.   You'd say no, but the city of Tampa said "yes".   I'm glad I live in Pinellas and am not paying for that deal.  Though I am glad USF gets to use it.  :-)

Enjoy paying for that new baseball stadium if that gets thru  ;D

Ahh. that is in St Pete and I live in Clearwater, so I am excluded from paying for that one too...  Clearwater may not have much to offer, but at least I am not paying for pork someone else signed me up for. 

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Did you know that you can have that turf if you want it? So far there's a little league team that's asked, but the catch is - you have to be able to transport it. They also said it takes a LOT of maintenance, so it's not very cost effective.

BUT! You can have it for "free"!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Did you know that you can have that turf if you want it? So far there's a little league team that's asked, but the catch is - you have to be able to transport it. They also said it takes a LOT of maintenance, so it's not very cost effective.

BUT! You can have it for "free"!

If I had a house I would drive up there in my truck and haul that stuff home...

(*idea*) Iif there are any Steelers fans out there with some free time on your hands then I guess you could piece together the Super Bowl logo on your front yard.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

In all of this, not one person has mentioned the Sun Trust Building?

Did you guys notice that it had checkered red/white, and yellow/black(?) sides, then they switched?

Looks like the new LED system is finished, and pretty advanced. Now, can they get the  ~U~ on there for USF home games?? At the very least, they should be able to do green and gold on that thing.

Oh, and I would argue that the WNBA finals are the biggest sporting event on earth...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've heard the lack of capacity might squeeze Tampa out of the rotation, especially with Dallas now avail.

• Content Count:  639

I've heard the lack of capacity might squeeze Tampa out of the rotation, especially with Dallas now avail.

not sure if Dallas will be a given to be part of the rotation mainly b/c of their wacky weather, 80 one day, ice storms the next...anyone that opens a new stadium usually at least gets one Super Bowl no matter where it is, interesting to see if Tampa would win another bid. If LA actually builds that new stadium they are talking about building to lure a team to move back there, they will be a lock to host a lot of SBs in the future.

Archived