• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This site picks us to win the BE next season....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I think everything gets pulled together next season and we take the Big East. 

I'm gonna say 10-2 and we end up in the Sugar or Fiesta Bowl (the Orange picks first after replacement teams are chosen).  I don't see the Orange wanting to do ACC versus Big East again.  Sugar picks last so we might face the SEC champ or the SEC runner up.  Nice proving ground and a way to gain some traction in recruiting.

I'm going to say we end up in the Sugar Bowl.

• Content Count:  684

prepare for the worst and pray for the best... my mentality

I'm gonna say 10-2 and we end up in the Sugar or Fiesta Bowl (the Orange picks first after replacement teams are chosen).  I don't see the Orange wanting to do ACC versus Big East again.  Sugar picks last so we might face the SEC champ or the SEC runner up.  Nice proving ground and a way to gain some traction in recruiting.

That would be awesome, and I would say the SEC opponent will be Florida.  Yup, I said it... UF will not play for the National Championship next year.

That would also mean USF would play Florida State, Miami, and Florida in the same season.  WOW.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

That would be awesome, and I would say the SEC opponent will be Florida.  Yup, I said it... UF will not play for the National Championship next year.

That would also mean USF would play Florida State, Miami, and Florida in the same season.  WOW.

IF that happened, and IF we won all three, can you imagine what recruiting impact that would have?

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Jim, I hate FU as much as the next guy, but who in the SEC is going to beat em?

• Content Count:  118

I always thought 2009 would be our year, even before Mike Ford had taken a snap and before Selvie turned into a superstar. Pat White is gone from WVU, and while Brown should keep them afloat this year we got them in Tampa and should win. We also get Cincinnati at home. Pitt on the road is the game i'm most worried about but I have faith in Wannestedt losing some games he shouldn't so even if we lose that we should be alright.

I'm optimistic, especially with Gregory gone.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

That would also mean USF would BEAT Florida State, Miami, and Florida in the same season.  WOW.

Fixed it for you Jim...

Jim, I hate FU as much as the next guy, but who in the SEC is going to beat em?

I think it will be a bit of a surprise next year. Another season without any undefeated BCS teams -- my guess is that Boise State will be the only undefeated team when Thanksgiving rolls around.

Yes, Florida returns a heck of a lot (their defense, Tebow), but I think people will be surprised how much losing Mullen will hurt their offense.  They are lucky Strong could not get a gig - downright shameful, he deserves a head coach spot.

I am willing to bet we'll see some strange bounces, maybe a strange team like Mississippi State does it. Mullen knows how to stop their offense, and the MSU defense was and will be pretty stout.  And the game is in Starkville, with all those cowbells ringing.

• Content Count:  4,642

Until proven otherwise I see us going 8-4 and 4-3 in the BIG EAST  :-[

just like every year?  :Bang :Bang

Archived