• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The last time UF/FSU/UM....

FSU didn't play football until 1947 -- heck, they were a women's college until WWII.

Stetson beat FSU in 1947...

Stetson beat Miami in 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, and 1935...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

FSU didn't play football until 1947 -- heck, they were a women's college until WWII.

Stetson beat FSU in 1947...

Stetson beat Miami in 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, and 1935...

Stetson beat UF in 1909 ...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

tampa has great football tradition

too bad usf hasnt exploited it

yes, i remember those days sitting on the front porch with grandpa, while he recollects those great years of tampa football.  Especially the 20 some odd year of spectacular play by the buccaneers. ::)

Actually, there were some great, or very good at the least, years of University of Tampa football ... and USF will never have a player drafted higher than than the highest UT player drafted.

Too bad 'Tooz died so young.  Wonder whatever happened to Leon McQuay.  Is Fast Freddie still working in the Tampa area?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

tampa has great football tradition

too bad usf hasnt exploited it

yes, i remember those days sitting on the front porch with grandpa, while he recollects those great years of tampa football.  Especially the 20 some odd year of spectacular play by the buccaneers. ::)

Actually, there were some great, or very good at the least, years of University of Tampa football ... and USF will never have a player drafted higher than than the highest UT player drafted.

Too bad 'Tooz died so young.  Wonder whatever happened to Leon McQuay.  Is Fast Freddie still working in the Tampa area?

Dang, if Wikipedia is correct, Leon died in 1995, after becoming a minister .... which should make you happy.  ;)

I see Freddie pop up every once in a while here , usually in connection with some sort of charity ...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That shirt is a joke.

Yeah, I get that, but they did have a football team at one point in time.  It might have only been 1 or less seasons.  I've heard different things, and I can't find any thing definitive on-line.

• 8 months later...

• Content Count:  5,241

SOO basically we're the only college team to play football in tampa during the Modern (about last 40 years) era of football?

Screw stetson and UT. If they had tradition theyd still have a team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

Has any team beaten FSU, UF and UM in the same season?

I guess theoretically the Bulls have a chance, although a very small one. But wouldn't that be cool???

Archived