• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow- QB- Isaac Virgin commits-

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Teams our trying to recruit the next Tebow. Thats why we got a 6'4 235 QB

However, if he doesnt appear to be on that route, we can easily move him to whichever position he's needed in

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Tebow was ready to play, at QB, from day 1, if not start.  I have not read anything about Isaac to make me think he is going to play QB from day 1, or become the next Tim Tebow.

Tebow was ready to play, at QB, from day 1, if not start.  I have not read anything about Isaac to make me think he is going to play QB from day 1, or become the next Tim Tebow.

Of course he wont be a great QB immediately like tebow, but if we get a QB thats the same prototype as tebow and turns out to be a stud, it could mean at least 2 big east titles and a national title.

• Content Count:  1,390

Of course he wont be a great QB immediately like tebow, but if we get a QB thats the same prototype as tebow and turns out to be a stud, it could mean at least 2 big east titles and a national title.

???

what do you not understand from that?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

what do you not understand from that?

I think he's trying to figure out how we are assuming a two star QB that needs to work on fundamentals is going to lead us to a national title.  Especially since we already have two higher profile QB recruits on the roster (Daniels, Landi) and one committed for next year.

Anything is possible, but it's a long shot.  Virgin more likely ends up at another position.  What he gets here is one redshirt year to prove he should stay at QB.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I could see some trick plays if he plays tight end for us... he has a cannon arm and full back size.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I could see some trick plays if he plays tight end for us... he has a cannon arm and full back size.

Sounds like Mike Kruczek.

• Content Count:  4,016

Probably a TE, maybe DL or LB.  Although Leavitt seems to like to give QB recruits a shot at QB during their RS year, then move them (See Nate Allen and Evan Landi).  Julmiste and Gregory were expected to move, but didn't because of lack of depth at the QB position.

Good points.  Although don't be surprised if Evan Landi holds at the QB position.  The staff has really liked some of things he's done at that position on scout, and during bull bowls.  They're intrigued to see what he does this off-season, and at this point if he has a good off-season he could be neck and neck with BJ who will be playing hoops all off-season.  Don't laugh because Evan is a very good athlete.

Personally I believe the QB that has the best future for USF is 2010 recruit Brion Carnes.  He's a true blue QB, an athlete that fits our offense like a glove.  rifle for an arm, elusive and strong...he, BJ, and Evan will battle it out at the QB position from 2010 and beyond.  I think Isaac is moved next spring, he's just too big, and athletic, and in HS he only threw for 44% completion percentage....to much to learn.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

How does that fit into a dive, wheel route, curl route play calling?

Archived