• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow- QB- Isaac Virgin commits-

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I could see some trick plays if he plays tight end for us... he has a cannon arm and full back size.

How does that fit into a dive, wheel route, curl route play calling?

You design plays for the players you have.  If we have a monster tight end that can throw the ball, I'm sure we could come up with a no QB set that would confuse the hell out of any defense.  Shift him to QB and have him hurl it down field.

Maybe not that, but something similar like VaTech's "wild turkey" set where they have their TE come in as QB.

---------------------

Unless of course you're Michigan and you run a speed/spread offense with Big Ten players.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Probably a TE, maybe DL or LB.  Although Leavitt seems to like to give QB recruits a shot at QB during their RS year, then move them (See Nate Allen and Evan Landi).  Julmiste and Gregory were expected to move, but didn't because of lack of depth at the QB position.

Good points.  Although don't be surprised if Evan Landi holds at the QB position.  The staff has really liked some of things he's done at that position on scout, and during bull bowls.  They're intrigued to see what he does this off-season, and at this point if he has a good off-season he could be neck and neck with BJ who will be playing hoops all off-season.  Don't laugh because Evan is a very good athlete.

Personally I believe the QB that has the best future for USF is 2010 recruit Brion Carnes.  He's a true blue QB, an athlete that fits our offense like a glove.  rifle for an arm, elusive and strong...he, BJ, and Evan will battle it out at the QB position from 2010 and beyond.  I think Isaac is moved next spring, he's just too big, and athletic, and in HS he only threw for 44% completion percentage....to much to learn.

I agree.  But I could see Isaac being the #3 in 2010, while Carnes redshirts.  Then he moves to another position as a redshirt sophmore.  I figure the #4 QB spot belongs to a walk-on.  At least that's how it's been going. 

I suspect Leavitt likes to have guys learn the QB position first, as it gives them a greater understanding of the game.  That's why we let them spend a year or two at qb before we move them to another position. 

Archived