• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any info on Jason Pierre-Paul?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I'm with you that JPP wants to go somewhere he can play, but from all reports there's no way Giddens redshirts regardless.  JPP could play inside if Selvie, Marshall, Giddens, and Bedford all work out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

whoa whoa whoa,....he would sit?...His decision is going to come down to which school he can play right away. Thats the most important thing to him. He feels like with usf he can come right away and play. The only way he can get that idea is if they are promising him the job opposite of selvie. This guy is a monster. If anyone is coming in right away to start its this guy. He would allow giddens to redshirt and take over for selvie the next year.

This guy chooses usf..HE STARTS..feel free to bash me if im wrong later.

No one is promised a starting job.  JPP will have to beat out Marshall who started coming on at the end of last season.  Also, I don't see how we can redshirt Giddins.  From a perception standpoint for other elite recruits you have to get him out there.  Coaches can tell kids that if they are good enough they will play,and point as Ryne as an example.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

JPP could play inside if Selvie, Marshall, Giddens, and Bedford all work out.

I have a feeling that Selvie kid will be ok.  ;)

JPP could play inside if Selvie, Marshall, Giddens, and Bedford all work out.

I have a feeling that Selvie kid will be ok.  ;)

Just including everyone in case he needed motivation, heh.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

January 25, 2009

'Noles seek help of JUCO defender

By FRANK LONGOBARDO

Correspondent

With Everette Brown leaving early for the NFL Draft and the graduation of Neefy Moffett, the Florida State Seminoles are losing their two starters at defensive end and will somehow have to replace that depth and experience.

The person who could be that replacement is Jason Pierre-Paul, who is from Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College, checks in at 6-foot-6 and 265 pounds and is the sixth-ranked junior college prospect, according to Rivals.com.

Pierre-Paul has already visited Arizona, Nebraska and South Florida and is visiting Kansas State this weekend. Right now, though, the Deerfield Beach native is leaning toward USF.

"I think USF would be considered my leader," Pierre-Paul told Rivals.com. "I really like the program down there, as it is close to home. I also like the people and the coaches around the program."

Pierre-Paul has sent a highlight tape to Florida State and will try to make a visit to Tallahassee on the last weekend before National Signing Day, Feb. 4.

Even though the Bulls are his favorite, a scholarship offer from Florida State would give Pierre-Paul something to think about.

"If Florida State offered me, I would be really interested," Pierre-Paul told Rivals.com. "It would give me a lot to think about. It would mean that I would have USF and Florida State to look at. They are both good options back in my home state."

Pierre-Paul finished his 2008 campaign with 58 tackles, 15 for loss. He also had 10 sacks and one interception, en route to being named first-team all-conference and a second-team All-American.

OFFICIAL VISITORS: For the

Seminoles, four-star commits DB Jajuan Harley, WR Willie Haulstead, DE Demonte McAllister and RB Chris Thompson all took their visits to Tallahassee this weekend.

FSU also hosted four-star offensive tackle Aubrey Phillips, who is a verbal commitment to the Tennessee Volunteers.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/Headlines/sptFBC02012509.htm

Would be nice to beat FSU for JPP and Miami for Kayvon Webster, completing the trifecta (with Giddens).

• Content Count:  1,241

theres no way they redshirt giddens, hes too good

besides the fact that he could help us out right away, if hes as good as we hope hes going to leave early for the nfl anyway, why waste one of his seasons on a redshirt

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

theres no way they redshirt giddens, hes too good

besides the fact that he could help us out right away, if hes as good as we hope hes going to leave early for the nfl anyway, why waste one of his seasons on a redshirt

I think the staff will also want to get him PT to show other top recruits that consider USF in the future that they will get you on the field.  Having a top rated player to point to and say "See we will get you on the field UF FSU  UM etc have a dozen of you so the odds are not in your favor" has to help in recruiting. 

• Content Count:  1,867

Take this for what it's worth... but I heard that he is leaning towards us from a source in with recruiting at FSU... Looks like FSU has somebody else in mind for that spot...

They have three 5 star recruits visiting them this weekend...

really hope we can land him, he looks like a great talent!!

Nation

• Content Count:  879

There is a story on Scout today that quotes JPP as saying he may not sign on signing day.  Has a lot of thinking to do. 

Archived