• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does USF have the coaching staff needed to win BCS Games?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

After watching The Sugar Bowl and The Orange Bowl I was curious about others thoughts on whether USF has coaching staff needed to win big Games.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  573

How long have you been watching USF football?  Its seems to me that we've won a lot of "Big Games."

I have been watching USF football since the inception of the program.  Yes USF went on the road and beat Auburn last year and beat West Virginia a couple of times which can be defined as big games.  So I changed to question to ask  "Does USF have the coaching staff needed to win BCS Games?" which implies they can coach a team to a BCS game.

I know Kansas State has more money that USF but look at the coaching staffing that was assembled in the past month:

http://www.kstatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3070&SPID=212&DB_OEM_ID=400&Q_SEASON=2009

• Content Count:  573

I have been watching USF football since the inception of the program.  Yes USF went on the road and beat Auburn last year and beat West Virginia a couple of times which can be defined as big games.  So I changed to question to ask  "Does USF have the coaching staff needed to win BCS Games?" which implies they can coach a team to a BCS game.

The last thing I read was "Big Games" not BCS games... read your original post.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

::)

Guess Saban is in trouble, lost the 2 "big" games ... 1 a BCS against a non-BCS team . . . He's lost it !

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Guess Saban is in trouble, lost the 2 "big" games ... 1 a BCS against a non-BCS team . . . He's lost it !

the difference, my CJL apologist friend, is that Saban coached his team TO a BCS game in the first place.

CJL never has... which means your analogy--- as snarky and sarcastic as it was--- is not a valid one.

fact is, USF doesn't have the coaching staff to get to a BCS game in the first place, so clearly we don't have the coaching staff to win one.

hell, i don't think there is anyone in BullNation that wouldn't trade our season or any of our "big wins" over the past 3-4 years for Saban's 12-2 season, even if it meant losing to Utah in a BCS bowl.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

We need to improve our OC abilities.  Right now we are to predicatable on our plays.  Take a look at the Sun Bowl and our Big East play.

the difference, my CJL apologist friend, is that Saban coached his team TO a BCS game in the first place.

CJL never has... which means your analogy--- as snarky and sarcastic as it was--- is not a valid one.

fact is, USF doesn't have the coaching staff to get to a BCS game in the first place, so clearly we don't have the coaching staff to win one.

hell, i don't think there is anyone in BullNation that wouldn't trade our season or any of our "big wins" over the past 3-4 years for Saban's 12-2 season, even if it meant losing to Utah in a BCS bowl.

Since USF has played in the Big East, only 20 schools have made a BCS bowl game (1 in 6):

Big East: West Virginia (2), Cincinnati, Louisville

ACC: Virginia Tech (2), Florida State, Wake Forest

Big 10: Ohio State (4), Penn State (2), Michigan, Illinois

Big 12: Oklahoma (3), Texas (2),

Pac 10: USC (4)

SEC: Florida (2), LSU (2), Georgia (2),

MWC: Utah (2)

WAC: Boise State, Hawaii

Ind: Notre Dame (2)

Just because USF has not yet made the BCS does not mean the current coaching staff can not get us there...  remember, the coaches do not actually play the games.

I would counter, that USF has not had the players to get us to a BCS game... remember, the seniors graduating today started at USF when the Bulls were in Conference USA.  This is our last crop of "C-USA level talent" ... now we're starting to get BCS level talent with experience...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Since USF has played in the Big East, only 20 schools have made a BCS bowl game (1 in 6):

Big East: West Virginia (2), Cincinnati, Louisville

ACC: Virginia Tech (2), Florida State, Wake Forest

Big 10: Ohio State (4), Penn State (2), Michigan, Illinois

Big 12: Oklahoma (3), Texas (2),

Pac 10: USC (4)

SEC: Florida (2), LSU (2), Georgia (2),

MWC: Utah (2)

WAC: Boise State, Hawaii

Ind: Notre Dame (2)

Just because USF has not yet made the BCS does not mean the current coaching staff can not get us there...  remember, the coaches do not actually play the games.

I would counter, that USF has not had the players to get us to a BCS game... remember, the seniors graduating today started at USF when the Bulls were in Conference USA.  This is our last crop of "C-USA level talent" ... now we're starting to get BCS level talent with experience...

Cincy and UofL both made it with C-USA talent. We out recruit cincy every year. we signed as many 3 and 4 star recruits in 2004 as cincy signed in a 4 year period (2004-2007) - 9. They didn't have any 4 star recruits during that period.

You left Alabama and Kansas off your list.

Archived