• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Ticket Screw UP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Still trying to understand the logic USF used to distribute tickets to season ticket holders and donors.  This year my tickets were in the 300's, however, last year I sat in the 100's at the SunBowl.  I did drive to the Trop to exchange my tickets to sit in the 100's, however, in the endzone.  USF in my opinion screwed season ticket holders and comes across as being poorly planned.  I could possibly understand if the Bulls were in a BCS Bowl, this is the freakin Majic Jack Bowl for Pete's sake!  Lets face it this Bowl was made for the Bulls and USF still screws it up. 

I quess when it rains it pours!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I just hate the idea of a football game in the trop in general.

Itll still be fun

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

USF ... comes across as being poorly planned.

Season ticket holder right?  Haven't you noticed how horribly planned and produced EVERYTHING is at USF?  Look at our commercial.  Just pay attention to the atmosphere at home games, the athletics programming at USF is a joke.  Ask a student about the ticket plan they introduced this year...  Bet you'll hear us give some high marks to that...

It goes beyond athletics too.  Ever notice the disturbing layout of the campus?  My 6 year old cousin could plan a better layout with crayon scribbles.   

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

USF ... comes across as being poorly planned.

Season ticket holder right?  Haven't you noticed how horribly planned and produced EVERYTHING is at USF?  Look at our commercial.  Just pay attention to the atmosphere at home games, the athletics programming at USF is a joke.  Ask a student about the ticket plan they introduced this year...  Bet you'll hear us give some high marks to that...

It goes beyond athletics too.  Ever notice the disturbing layout of the campus?  My 6 year old cousin could plan a better layout with crayon scribbles.   

Geez EEEBull, are you happy with anything at USF?  Its not that bad really.  Sure some things are tough to understand, but its not like they are doing it on purpose.  I'm sure they were forced to give us those upper level seats due to the stupid configuration of the seating at the Trop.  Contrary to most people's views, that wasn't decided on by USF.  And there are only so many lower level seats at USF's disposal.

• Content Count:  3,827

I would really love to see a diagram with the priority points and how they were seated. I find it hard to believe that I'm low enough on the list to be placed 2 rows from the top of the stadium(in the largest section - rows wise - in the upper deck).

By that logic, that means that there are only 48(24 seats to a row?) people underneath me...96 and 144 if you count the other large sections(314 and 312).

So in 3 years, less than roughly 200 people have bought season tickets? Or did they get to a certain priority pts level(let's say 10 for arguments sake) and just throw them all in a hat and draw them out?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Still trying to understand the logic USF used to distribute tickets to season ticket holders and donors.  This year my tickets were in the 300's, however, last year I sat in the 100's at the SunBowl.  I did drive to the Trop to exchange my tickets to sit in the 100's, however, in the endzone.  USF in my opinion screwed season ticket holders and comes across as being poorly planned.  I could possibly understand if the Bulls were in a BCS Bowl, this is the freakin Majic Jack Bowl for Pete's sake!  Lets face it this Bowl was made for the Bulls and USF still screws it up.   

Remember, this isn't a football stadium...its a baseball stadium with very few 1st level sideline seats...hence the push to throw folks up in the 3rd level or get stuck in 1st level end zone.

That's the downside in trying to play a football game in a baseball stadium....as there are only a few good seats (proportionally) as compared to a football STADIUM.

Also "Bowl Association Members" are usually guaranteed the best seats in the house (i.e. like the Capital One and Orange Bowl Games).  Maybe that is the case over in St Pete as well.

PS. In a perfect world, this game can be moved across the bay to Raymond James Stadium...as the 1st 2 level at RJS seat approx 44,000 fans which will normally big enough for pre-Christmas Bowl Games (no need to open upper deck).

Heck...let even keep the St Pete bowl name on it but using RJS (even just their 1st 2 levels) would offer much better seating for this game (plus a lot more club suites and suites to sell higher priced tix and/or help attract more sponsors).

See seating chart below (gray sections are not available)

25745s.gif

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

How did USF screw the season ticket holders? You do realize that USF is at the mercy of what tickets the bowl gives them right? Tickets were distributed based on the priority points, as the e-mails had stated. The seating configuration is terrible. When you have only one sideline that has seats on it you are going to have problems. It's not USF's fault that the Bowl decided not to use seats on one side of the field. Now the Bowl is scrambling because they are seeing the error of their ways.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Atleast Im not in 151 or 153 Id rather be in the last row of the uperdeck.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

South_Florida_Flip,

Now the Bowl is scrambling because they are seeing the error of their ways.

Perhaps, USF should have pointed out this error prior to releasing tickets, they do have responsibilty to ensure that go smoothly.  Oh, wait a minute that would require planning by USF and the Bowl, again this was haphazardly put together, and the fans are the ones who pay the price.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

If you have sideline seats between the 35's they probably aren't that bad, even on the third level.  Compared to a football stadium the seating is pretty vertical, so you should be pretty close to the field.

Archived