• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My dream OC would be......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt wouldnt stand for a name

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I would happily take whoever is the understudy to the OC at Georgia Tech.

IMO, what they are going to do by bringing that offense online with southern speed and athleticism will fill a trophy case over the next decade. . . . . I would not mind if we did the same. . . . it would devestate the northern teams that make up the BE.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Who is the OC at Oregon ST? He was impressive this year, i wouldnt mind having him.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Why not the OC @ Boise State???????

lateral move. won't happen

stay at top 15 program or move across the country for virtually the same money to rebuild an offense

• Content Count:  172

So you wouldnt take a chance on building a BCS team's O into an impressive top 15 team year in and out for a future shot at a good head coaching job in the future?

Im not saying it would happen, i just dont see ur logic.

• Content Count:  667

So you wouldnt take a chance on building a BCS team's O into an impressive top 15 team year in and out for a future shot at a good head coaching job in the future?

Umm, Boise St. is already a top 15 team, so it would be moving down..  Why go down to USF and take a CHANCE on putting an offense together (which may not even work) when you can just stay at your Top 15 football program and wait for a nice HC job to open up?

We're not at the ND-level where we can pluck OC's from Top 15 programs and have them work for us.  We need to dig deeper and lower to programs with staff that is even more unproven on a media-scale.  Division II is my suggestion.  Get an OC from one of the Div II powerhouses.  It should be an upgrade in salary (or a lateral move, at least), but definitely an upgrade in exposure.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Umm, Boise St. is already a top 15 team, so it would be moving down..  Why go down to USF and take a CHANCE on putting an offense together (which may not even work) when you can just stay at your Top 15 football program and wait for a nice HC job to open up?

We're not at the ND-level where we can pluck OC's from Top 15 programs and have them work for us.  We need to dig deeper and lower to programs with staff that is even more unproven on a media-scale.  Division II is my suggestion.  Get an OC from one of the Div II powerhouses.  It should be an upgrade in salary (or a lateral move, at least), but definitely an upgrade in exposure.

How about Jimmie Dougherty form San Diego

Dougherty returns in 2008 for his fifth season coaching at the University of San Diego. For the third straight year he will coach the quarterbacks, but this season has been promoted from Passing Game Coordinator to Offensive Coordinator.

The past two seasons, Dougherty has coached the quarterbacks, the position that he played in college. He flourished in furthering the development of former USD quarterback Josh Johnson. Johnson, a 5th round draft pick by the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, leaves USD as the program's all-time passing leader in every category. Last year he completed 43 touchdowns with just one interception and finished 3rd in the final Walter Payton Award voting for the top FCS player. For his career he completed 724 of 1,065 passes (.680) for 9,699 yards and 113 touchdowns. His career passing efficiency rating of 176.7 is a new all-time NCAA mark.

He came to USD in 2004 and coached an outstanding wide receiver corp. That receiving group included All-American and team MVP Michael Gasperson as a senior, and Adam Hannula who went on to rewrite the school record book for career numbers the following season as a senior. Gasperson led the team with 54 catches for 894 yards with 7 TD's that season. Gasperson was signed after the season as a free agent by the Philadelphia Eagles and also was allocated to NFL Europe to play for the Cologne Centurions.

The following season Dougherty showed his versatility and coached the tight ends. This group was led by senior Matt Koller who went on to earn All Pioneer Football League Conference honors that year.

Prior to USD, Dougherty was a graduate assistant at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois from 2002-2004. During his years there, he was the defensive backs coach. He earned his masters from Illinois State during that time in Sport Management.

Dougherty played quarterback at the University of Missouri from 1997-2001. He was a three year letter winner from 99-01. He started as a sophomore, throwing for over 1,400 yards and 7 TD's. His career was cut short as a junior when he suffered a ligament tear in his throwing elbow. Dougherty was a former All State performer at Edwardsville High School in football and basketball. He played for his father, Tim Dougherty, at Edwardsville High School. His father is now the head football coach at New Lennox High School.

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dougherty_jimmie00.html

He's shown he can develop QB's in a spread offense and even sent one to the NFL in Johnson and they run a spread attack so he would be good at getting our personnel in a position to make plays.  It would be a step up for him coming from the FCS to a FBS BCS team and I think he would be a good fit. 

Edit: he also would have recruiting connections in Cali which is a hot bed for football talent and produces the same kind of quality athletes that TX and FL does.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

he wouldn't make a lateral move for about the same money when he gets a shot at a HC position from where he is now.

He is waiting for Peterson to take a big job and then the BSU job is his.

He was QB at Boise State and turned down an interview offer from Saban at Alabama to be his OC in 2007.

Oh and he makes more than we pay our current OC.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I really hope a change happens but why do I have a bad feeling it won't. Even if we kept Gregory we atleast need better coaches on the offensive side to get the most out of what we do have.  

Archived