• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Take on MG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problem with Matt wanting to determine his draft stock and wanting to improve it, however, I do have a problem with the timing. Matt is the starting QB for a team that has only won one conference game and it seems his focus has shifted from preparing and focusing on the next game to this draft issue.  Could this not have waited until the end of the season?  I wish Matt luck on his endeavors after he leaves USF, I know I have enjoyed his exploits on the football field at times.  Matt's play reminds me of Fran Tarkenton, a great QB for the Vikings.

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Fran Tarkenton never won an NFL championship either. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

matt is free to speak his mind wherever he wants

this is america

• Content Count:  667

if matt wants to leave, i wish him all the best.  he's a redshirt junior (academic senior), and if someone has graduated college, who are we to tell him that he can't go?

i wouldnt mind seeing BJ daniels under helm next year.  we need a drastic shake-up in order to right this ship.  our team is NOT BETTER than when matt was a redshirt freshman starting.  i dont blame grothe, but i blame our coaching staff for not developing our talent.  for the past 3 years, we have NOT improved.. and that's with having our QB returning for the past 3 years!

• Content Count:  1,633

Everyone wants BJ in the game now/next year/forever, but then get pissy when he tests the draft waters...GTFOH

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Did I miss an article or quote about him wanting to go pro next year?  Matt won't be playing in the pros next year or any year.  Nice midldle of the pack college QB, but don't see him as a pro.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

this entire topic has become ridiculously overblown.

asking to see what your possible draft status is does not entail on more thought or work on the player doing so-- and to me, doesn't indicate a lack of focus for upcoming games. Any player can request this type of evaluation from the NFL. Matt stated he just wants to see where he needs to improve to be able to play in the NFL. What is the big deal about that?

I swear that some of our fans on this message board can take any tiny thing and blow it up into massive issues at any given moment.

My take on Grothe is simply this-- he's a great player who busts his ass for this program and does the best he can all the time. He isn't perfect. He may not be NFL caliber. But for me-- he is USFs QB1 all the way. He will be back next season and hopefully we can give him a supporting cast that will help him finish the last year strong. Anyone who wants to push their agenda beyond that can suck it.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, putting BJ in there to start next year would be a huge mistake consider we have to play Miami next year. I dont think hes ready quite yet.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Doesn't almost any player who thinks maybe that they have a shot - regardless of how slim - take this same action? Don't they get a feel of, not only where in the draft, but if even at all - they would be selected?

Why would you expect our starting QB to do anything BUT THIS?

This is the thing about being the starting QB. You're gonna get written about. Everything

you do, right or wrong, related to football or not, is fuel for the article. Why write about

his hunting trips...human interest. Why write about sniffing the pros...human interest.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Honestly, putting BJ in there to start next year would be a huge mistake consider we have to play Miami next year. I dont think hes ready quite yet.

Sorry to throw you under the bus Costa, but this is exactly what is wrong with our fanbase.  We are worried about Miami??

I don't care if we lose 50-0 to the Canes.  That game means absolutely nothing.  The games we need to worry about are the ones we keep losing year in and year out.  We need to beat Rutgers, Cincinnati, Pitt and Louisville for starters.  All of our fans want us to be part of the Big 4.  Lets get over it................we're not there.  Until we can win the conference than that point is moot.

Please fans, educate yourselves on what the important games are on our schedule.  This is ridiculous. 

If we don't win the Big East conference, than everything else doesn't matter.

Archived