• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe looking into dumping Bulls for NFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/19/usfs-grothe-checking-nfl-draft-possibilities/

Sorry if this was posted already - just heard about this on news radio...

Right now he is just looking into seeing how he "may" get drafted in the upcoming NFL draft, if he is expected to go in the first 4-5 rounds than he may leave USF early for the NFL.

Not sure how to view this.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Well given that Troy Smith is about the same size, but won the Heisman trophy, went in the fifth round, and Chris Leak did not go at all, I would not think Matt would go at all much less high enough to leave early.  Good luck to him whatever happens.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Great team player here! >:(  First off, he doesn't have the tools for the NFL. He is at best arena league. No arm, no discipline, no view of the field. If he can't cut it here with us, what makes him think he is 4th or 5th round? Maybe his ego says yes, but his skills say no way.    Reaper

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Reaper, I agree that I do not believe he will be drafted.

However, him putting his name in and asking for where he would go does not mean he is not a team player.  Mike Jenkins did it and came back for a year.  I expect Selvie to do this and actually leave early.  The kids have to do what is best for themselves and their family.  I expect that Matt will get his answer and be back next year at USF.

• Content Count:  1,291

Is he worried about losing her girlfriend?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/19/usfs-grothe-checking-nfl-draft-possibilities/

Sorry if this was posted already - just heard about this on news radio...

Right now he is just looking into seeing how he "may" get drafted in the upcoming NFL draft, if he is expected to go in the first 4-5 rounds than he may leave USF early for the NFL.

Not sure how to view this.

what a joke

he will not get draft and is lucky to still be starting qb for lowly bulls

this is his problem.he has overinflated sense of his talent

this reminds me of what smazza's grandmother used to say:  "i would like to buy grothe for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth"

• Content Count:  1,400

Great team player here! >:(  First off, he doesn't have the tools for the NFL. He is at best arena league. No arm, no discipline, no view of the field. If he can't cut it here with us, what makes him think he is 4th or 5th round? Maybe his ego says yes, but his skills say no way.    Reaper

Wow you guys need help you act like you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in his shoes whats the harm into checking were you might go if you were to get drafted the kid is going to get his degree soon

and the subject of this tread "Grothe looking into dumping Bulls for NFL" even brett does write stuff like that

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Just like I say for George Selvie, if Matt can do it, I say go for it.  I am not an NFL scout (and neither are any of you goobers...), so I won't comment on his abilities or what it "takes" to make it in the NFL.  Regardless, I wish him the best no matter what he does.

• Content Count:  4,738

there will be pressure from BJ next year.  Grothe may see this as a good time to move on and let the new blood rise up.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Ben Moffitt was a better player in his position and fit the NFL mold more closely than Grothe, and he is on a practice squad making squat.

Even if Grothe comes back, we have a great year next year, and he puts up great numbers, he is a long shot for a third string position.

I like him and everything, and think he is a playmaker, but his style barely works for BE, and won't impress in the NFL.....

Archived