• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timeline Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I get upset with the team, and have high expectations, and then I hear in last night the Texas Tech is looking at potentially having its first undefeated season.....Since 1938!!! 70 years in the wating.  So, I pulled up FSU and to put our program in perspective, not including the 1900's of FSU:

1947 - Football Started as FSU

1964 - First concensus All American (Fred Biltnikoff)

1966 - First, First round draft pick (Jim LYttle)

1992 - Moved to ACC from Metro Conf. ( I believe we were in Metro at one point too)

1993 - First National Championship - 46 years in the making.

Now There are what, 120+ college teams out there, and my alma mater is ranked 23rd (until Saturday).  That's pretty **** good.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You're supposed to be pissed and have no real perspective on things!!

• Content Count:  348

FSU was an independant for several years before joining (and dominating) the ACC. 

It took the Gay-tors 86 years to become National champions.

Now we have the internet to demand performance today.

LoL I wonder what Indiana fans do?  Have they ever won anything in football?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

LoL I wonder what Indiana fans do?

They wait until basketball season.

My point is, we have come to expect so much in a short time.  Which I am not saying is bad.  I feel so frustrated at the season, and last, that I had to sit back for a moment and realize there are so many programs that have been in way worse shape then us for so much longer than we have.  Some have never been ranked and they have played longer than we have been a school.

I was thinking to a post I put up at the UCF game time that said they hate us because we are where they think they should be.  UCF has over ten years on our program and we walked past them.

All in all, I cry for our losses, but realize many more fans cry many more tears, and have for many more years than we have collectively.

• Content Count:  622

And that FSU team was not expected to win the conference or getting pre season votes either....

our expectations might be high but they're not unrealistic.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

We need to stop bringing this "settle down were only 12 years old!" ******** up.  Look, we've passed that faze, we have proven we can win during the season.  We have had some very impressive wins to say the least, over the last two and a half years, West Virginia in Morgantown, Auburn at Jordan-Hare(which some SEC teams can't do), West Virginia again, while they were ranked in the top ten, and this year, a top 20 Kansas.  That is not why we are losing.  We are losing because we lack depth, quality coaching and discipline and we can't consistently win Big East road games. 

• Content Count:  7,890

You're supposed to be pissed and have no real perspective on things!!

he didnt get that MEMO  :cheers :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

We need to stop bringing this "settle down were only 12 years old!" ******** up.  Look, we've passed that faze, we have proven we can win during the season.  We have had some very impressive wins to say the least, over the last two and a half years, West Virginia in Morgantown, Auburn at Jordan-Hare(which some SEC teams can't do), West Virginia again, while they were ranked in the top ten, and this year, a top 20 Kansas.  That is not why we are losing.  We are losing because we lack depth, quality coaching and discipline and we can't consistently win Big East road games. 

and you don't think that every of team feels that way?  Well, except UCF.

• Content Count:  5,241

I get upset with the team, and have high expectations, and then I hear in last night the Texas Tech is looking at potentially having its first undefeated season.....Since 1938!!! 70 years in the wating.  So, I pulled up FSU and to put our program in perspective, not including the 1900's of FSU:

1947 - Football Started as FSU

1964 - First concensus All American (Fred Biltnikoff)

1966 - First, First round draft pick (Jim LYttle)

1992 - Moved to ACC from Metro Conf. ( I believe we were in Metro at one point too)

1993 - First National Championship - 46 years in the making.

Now There are what, 120+ college teams out there, and my alma mater is ranked 23rd (until Saturday).  That's pretty **** good.

Thats all fine and dandy...last year. Im over this ranking garbage.

We've been ranked now, and we're a young program. Pat yourself on the back and move on!

Its been time to take it to the next level and quit finishing 9-4 or worse every year.

Archived