• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timeline Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

We need to stop bringing this "settle down were only 12 years old!" ******** up.  Look, we've passed that faze, we have proven we can win during the season.  We have had some very impressive wins to say the least, over the last two and a half years, West Virginia in Morgantown, Auburn at Jordan-Hare(which some SEC teams can't do), West Virginia again, while they were ranked in the top ten, and this year, a top 20 Kansas.  That is not why we are losing.  We are losing because we lack depth, quality coaching and discipline and we can't consistently win Big East road games. 

totally disagree.  we have had one 5 year recruiting cycle at the same level of play as a 12 year old program.

Nowhere to 1Aa to D1 indy to C-DOA to BE/BCS.  we have no right to have had the success we have already had.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

We need to stop bringing this "settle down were only 12 years old!" ******** up.  Look, we've passed that faze, we have proven we can win during the season.  We have had some very impressive wins to say the least, over the last two and a half years, West Virginia in Morgantown, Auburn at Jordan-Hare(which some SEC teams can't do), West Virginia again, while they were ranked in the top ten, and this year, a top 20 Kansas.  That is not why we are losing.  We are losing because we lack depth, quality coaching and discipline and we can't consistently win Big East road games. 

great point

leavitt is getting paid millions.maybe we should tie his pay to performance

usf is heading in wrong direction

usf has regressed and is now battling for 6th in worst bcs conference

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

totally disagree.  we have had one 5 year recruiting cycle at the same level of play as a 12 year old program.

Nowhere to 1Aa to D1 indy to C-DOA to BE/BCS.  we have no right to have had the success we have already had.

usfis one of largest universitiesin world

surrounded by the sports best talent(though leavitt cant get any of it)

something is wrong with you if you arent mad aout teams performance this year.we lost to 3 underdogs

usfis one of largest universitiesin world

surrounded by the sports best talent(though leavitt cant get any of it)

something is wrong with you if you arent mad aout teams performance this year.we lost to 3 underdogs

what does the size of university have to do with their football program??

Leavitt can't get any of it???

lot's wrong with me, but being mad about USF football isn't one of them

• Content Count:  1,386

I get upset with the team, and have high expectations, and then I hear in last night the Texas Tech is looking at potentially having its first undefeated season.....Since 1938!!! 70 years in the wating.  So, I pulled up FSU and to put our program in perspective, not including the 1900's of FSU:

1947 - Football Started as FSU

1964 - First concensus All American (Fred Biltnikoff)

1966 - First, First round draft pick (Jim LYttle)

1992 - Moved to ACC from Metro Conf. ( I believe we were in Metro at one point too)

1993 - First National Championship - 46 years in the making.

Now There are what, 120+ college teams out there, and my alma mater is ranked 23rd (until Saturday).  That's pretty **** good.

Just look at USF's conference brethern.

Rutgers was founded in 1766 and started playing football in 1869!

Pitt was founded in 1787 and started playing football in 1890!

Lousiville was founded in 1798 and started playing football in 1912.

Cincinatti was founded in 1819 and started playing football in 1885!

W. Virginia was founded in 1867 and started playing football in 1891!

Syracuse was founded in 1870 and started playing football in 1889!

UConn was founded in 1881 and started playing football in 1896!

Of course we all know that USF was founded in 1956 and started playing football in 1997.

I agree. We all know USF, as we are fans. But give players and coaches time to see USF have success. Of course you have the catch-22 inherent in that system, but there you are. Still, the BE as a whole needs to improve to help showcase USF's improvement. And USF needs to improve to help the BE. There's that catch-22 again. The problem with the NCAA. If you are popular, you get the best athletes, which help to make you popular. Now you can do great with what you have to get better athletes, which is something USF needs to work on. But the willy-nilly firing of coaches would be like trying to change the tires while driving your racecar around the track. Pit stops like that are for the end of the season, not the middle. If you make changes in the middle all willy-nilly, then how can recuits trust your program for the long haul?

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

As dissapointed as I and all fans are at our 6-3 record. I checked the pre-season top 25 in AP and found 10 teams there with equal or worse records.

#9 Clemson 4-4

#10 Auburn 4-5

#13 Wisconsin 4-5

#14 Kansas 6-3

#15 Arizona State 2-5

#17 VTech 5-3

#18 Tennessee 3-6

#20 Illinois 5-4

#21 Oregon 6-3

#23 Wake Forest 5-3

• Content Count:  1,386

As dissapointed as I and all fans are at our 6-3 record. I checked the pre-season top 25 in AP and found 10 teams there with equal or worse records.

#9 Clemson 4-4

#10 Auburn 4-5

#13 Wisconsin 4-5

#14 Kansas 6-3

#15 Arizona State 2-5

#17 VTech 5-3

#18 Tennessee 3-6

#20 Illinois 5-4

#21 Oregon 6-3

#23 Wake Forest 5-3

And three of those are traditional 'storied programs'.

Kizarvexis

but none of them have smazza!

• Content Count:  126

At least 4 of those teams will have coaching changes at the end of the year. Maybe more but 4 for sure. Auburn and Clemson have already made changes. I do not think we should do anything during the season for the record.

Also keep in mind the level of the competition. You want to compare the competition we face in the Big east to the Big 12 south or the SEC? That seems like flawed logic my friend. The BE is so hopelessly weak this year.

Also why must your expectations be so low you must compare us to all the disappointing teams in the country? Why not look at teams that set an example to follow. Look up not down man... we don't want to sink lower we want to climb higher.

At least 4 of those teams will have coaching changes at the end of the year. Maybe more but 4 for sure. Auburn and Clemson have already made changes. I do not think we should do anything during the season for the record.

Auburn?

Archived