• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timeline Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Also keep in mind the level of the competition. You want to compare the competition we face in the Big east to the Big 12 south or the SEC? That seems like flawed logic my friend. The BE is so hopelessly weak this year.

The majority of these schedules were OOC teams, so your argument doesn't hold up.  Also, we beat the Big 12 opponent we played this year, and the SEC opponent we played last year.  So comparing is apples and oranges here.

The point is a valid one...there are a lot of teams that had higher expectations and much more storied histories than us that are worse off than us right now.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Also keep in mind the level of the competition. You want to compare the competition we face in the Big east to the Big 12 south or the SEC? That seems like flawed logic my friend. The BE is so hopelessly weak this year.

The majority of these schedules were OOC teams, so your argument doesn't hold up.  Also, we beat the Big 12 opponent we played this year, and the SEC opponent we played last year.  So comparing is apples and oranges here.

The point is a valid one...there are a lot of teams that had higher expectations and much more storied histories than us that are worse off than us right now.

The Majority of what were out of conference?

Auburn lost 4 of its games (out of 5 losses) to SEC opponents with winning records. Also they took action and fired the guy causing the problem. The Sec is tough man just take my word on that.

The Big 12 has more ranked teams than any other conference so I think they are pretty strong this year. So Kansas fans would not be too pissed about losing to 2 top ten teams and we were ranked when we beat them. Kansas lost to Texas Tech (3) and Oklahoma (6).

I am saying the level of competition is different so the comparison is not fair. Many of those teams will have shakeups in the staff.

Greg Gregory has been sniffed out. That is a fact the book on him has been written and he is struggling to find a way to attack defenses. So I'm saying why would we aspire to follow teams that have failed, why say hey look were not the only ones to fall on our face so it's ok. Lets just do nothing to fix the problem because other people have problems too. It doesn't help us.

I don't think we need to "throw the baby out with the bath water" (i stole that quote from someone else on this board) and panic and fire everyone and bench Matt and go nuts. Just fix the problem that is holding us back and keep moving forward as we have done in the 12 years prior. We are the example many new programs aspire to we have rewritten the book on how things are done all I'm saying is lets keep moving up.

Also for the record this was not a knock on Cubanbull I agree with pretty much 99% of the other stuff he has posted.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Wow. Comparing a team formed in 97 to a team formed 50 years ago is not a good comparison.

No TV. no Internet.No scholarship limits.

College football is totally different than it was 20 years ago.

• Content Count:  126

To add to the list of shake ups. Another school from that list of disappointing  teams has a coaching change.

Phil Fulmer is gone at Tennessee.

His record there  150-51

1 national Title

2 Sec Titles

7 Sec East titles

44-37 vs ranked opponents

Was it fair? Maybe not but he suffered this year because his replacement for Cutcliffe (who is having a great year at Duke) was an unproven guy (Clawson) from Richmond (Greg Gregory's Alma mater where he was begging for the job). The OC sucked the team struggled and the head coach got the axe. This is a tough business but we cannot use the various excuses to ignore problems. If we want to run with the big boys we need to make tough decisions. 

• Content Count:  1,985

Wow. Comparing a team formed in 97 to a team formed 50 years ago is not a good comparison.

No TV. no Internet.No scholarship limits.

College football is totally different than it was 20 years ago.

Yes, but all of that leads to a program that is watched by more HS recruits.  You cannot deny the fact that FSU, even recently, adn CBB have more recruiting power than USF and CJL.  PSU, and CJP, SEC teams with 100 years under their belt?  You are correct it is a new NCAA, but I think we can give the program just a little more time to build into a winner, and be pretty happy with what they have given us.

We are no long USF Who?  Now, at times I wish we were as we do not always have the best rep. but still this is far more than most, and pretty **** successful.  Hell, its the BE games that hurt us, and the other BE teams, we are in a strong conference and we need to learn to play BE ball.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The Majority of what were out of conference?

I meant that the majority of games up to this point of the year are still OOC games.  And I don't doubt the SEC is tough....but we did beat the only SEC opponent we've played in the last two years.

All this is moot...we need to win BE games, end of story.

Archived