• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Says It All

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

Per Bretts Blog:

The Bulls’ frustrations have become obvious. Players were yelling at coaches during the game, ESPN’s Erin Andrews reported.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I heard Erin say that too.  I am sorry I missed it live on TV, it would have been nice to see some emotion.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

As good as it is to see emotion, it shows lack of respect and discipline.

Unfortunately I missed it watching the game as well, but little by little we are starting to see the signs of a team where the message is getting lost and the divide is growing.

REPENT, THE END IS NEAR!!!!  >:D

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I was front row.

Canales came over and yelled at his receivers for someone to step up and later came and yelled at them to "catch the f***in' ball".

Grothe, while I like him, kept coming over to the end of the bench and sat down with zero emotion everytime.  Maybe that's just him, but just wish he showed a little more frustration.  That can be due to just being a calm leader or not caring enough.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that it's the former, but geez....give me just a little....

• Content Count:  637

T-Mac has also been quoted as openly asking why we cannot win championships. Seems to imply ineptness of the coaching because he stats the talent level here is as good as any other team in the Big East.

If there's a silver lining to all of this it's that hoepfully changes will be made to the staff this offseason.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

As good as it is to see emotion, it shows lack of respect and discipline.

You're absolutely right.  In my frustration I made a comment that I really don't believe in. 

Let's just say I would have liked to see our guys a little more into the game.  When Erin said that I thought "no way"...it seemed to me we didn't have everyone focused and even excited to be there playing a game.

Grothe, while I like him, kept coming over to the end of the bench and sat down with zero emotion everytime.  Maybe that's just him, but just wish he showed a little more frustration.  That can be due to just being a calm leader or not caring enough.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that it's the former, but geez....give me just a little....

I saw the same thing during the FIU game. I think its just his personality and being a "quiet leader". From what I've seen out of him he doesn't seem like the rah-rah, get up in other guys faces guy.

As for showing frustration, they showed him at least 3 or 4 times last night throwing his hands up in the air after an incompletion as if to say the WR/RB ran the wrong route or was in the wrong spot.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This loss strikes me far differently than the first two.  In those games, it seemed the team was together, and only a play or two away from winning the game (no Tyler Roberts jokes, please).  The wheels came off aginst Cincy, but only a few bad plays away from a win.  That tells me the talent is there, but adjustments need to be made.  Leavitt is loyal to a fault, but I think we'll see personnel changes for the next game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see coaching changes or at least coaching philosphy changes in season.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That's the Coach Canales I never knew... I've never seen such a talented group of receivers have such an off night. Grothe's passes were there, they just weren't getting it done last night. Canales is pretty friggen cool... for him to snap like that, that tells you how bad things have gotten.

Archived