• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calling for JL's head?-Your Thoughts??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

offensive playcalling remains a problem- pj lateral pass to a wr = turnover on your own 20,that was a crap call

remember two weeks ago (and a bye week to gameplan) ball on the 2 yd line pass= int turnover with hall running for 150+ yds, that was a crap call

i am not calling for jl head but he needs to swing the axe on the offense or his head will have to go.

OC and QB coach must go...now

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

The OC has to go...End of story

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

yeah there was no reason to pass the ball in the red zone. We were moving it on the ground and instead we almost give up a pick six................

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

My only problem with Leavitt is he doesnt seem to learn from his own mistakes.  Throwing away potentially crucial timeouts.  Having Julmiste run the ball so much on a bum knee, sure he put up some good yards, but a very dangerous gamble.  The whole offensive scheme hasnt worked for some time now, and it has been obvious, and with our best recruiting class coming in this year, and a lot of them starting, what better a time in this past off season to start working on a new offense, but no, he is too stubborn and wants to stick with what worked for Blackwell.  Blackwell is gone CJL, and he is not coming back, move on.  And everyone seems to agree the Coordinators have to go and its all thier fault.

Well if that is true, then it is CJL's fault for NOT getting rid of them, it still comes back to him.  

Alot of the playcalling is very questionable.  Does CJL allow O Coordinator to call plays or does he?  Either way, they consistantly make stupid moves.  I am by no means a football expert or as knowledgeable as these guys are supposed to be, but if something is obvious to me why isnt it obvious to the coaching staff?

For example, first and goal on the 2, and you give the ball to Julmiste to run the option?  Stupid playcall.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I think that's a serious over reaction.

There are a few coordinators that need to be on the chopping block.

Tonight wasn't as much as a coaching issue as it was an issue of poor execution.  Coaches can't complete passes for you and they can't make tackles for you.  They can't keep your opponenet from getting 10 yards behind you and they can't stop you from over pursuing.  Yes, you have to coach and work on these things and I'm certain our staff is.  However, our players simply are not executing.

That would be on the coaches.  I watched our corner (#42) take an INSIDE move on a screen.  This isnt a DT.  It's a corner.  You cant do that, he had no outside help and he shouldn't have expected it.  That's a major defensive mistake.

What's up with manning up on the recievers so much?  We couldnt get to the QB, so wouldn't it be better to put another guy back there for this?

Our coaching showed a very terrible side to it when, on back to back drives, army hit LONG TD runs...of a simple toss sweep.  You'd think there would be an adjustment of some sort to that, rather than letting them do it again for free.  That really sucked out momentum, and of course gave up easy points.

Julmiste could have hit that TE in the end zone without a pick.  Both of those recievers were open, but he mis-threw it.  Ugly.

Hall is a great back.  I want to see him running it more often.  Crossley should continue to give him breaks.  We have a good running game.  The D needed to be there.  35 Is usually enough to win.  But it isnt when you give up...oh 3 easy touchdowns all off of blown fundamentals or questionable coverage.

Call for leavitt's head?  Not at the end of this year, even if we go with 3 or 4 wins.  But if the result is the same next year ESPECIALLY on offense, the loyalty runs out.  Great coaches adjust and leavitt has done little of that overall, either in personnel or in playcalling.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

Calm Down!!!

PAT JUMISTE SSSSUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!

That is the only glaring problem I see.  But he is all we have this season.  The offense works great with the right QB.  Imagine Blackwell with a RB as good as Hall, that will happen again.  Denson, Grothe, Hill,  those guys will be fine next year.  The DB's are young and can't tackle yet, they will learn.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

If PJ is the ONLY problem you see, then you need to open your eyes there buckaroo.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164

C'mon, don't knee-jerk this. Think about it, this is the first time we've ever actually been mad at our team because they lost and we're eight years in. Wait until the end of the season to make that sort of decision... although this game is going to be a major factor in it.

Actually, I've been plenty mad at CJL and anyone else responsible the last two, maybe three, years due to penalties and what seems like the inability to control the players.  And that was even after wins.  However, someone already pointed out we had a relatively small number of penalties (for us, at least), so I won't hold THAT grudge against them.

Like I said before, I'm not really sure who to blame.  I'm lucky to see Top 25 teams on TV up here, let alone USF, so hopefully you'll all make sense of it and those of us out of country can get a better idea on what the heck is up with our Bulls.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

The OC has to go...End of story

Agreed RJW....Keep CJL...OC has to go.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Jim Leavitt does NOT... repeat does NOT deserve the disrespect of calling for his head because of a slight downturn in our season.  

Amen, brother.

Fire Mike Hobbie!  

Again, playcalling was terrible.  Where were the screens and draws?

The Spread SUCKS!!!When will CJL realize that the best COLLEGE offense is one designed to suit the skill of the players we have -- not one that tries to fit players into a scheme.  The talent we have could work VERY WELL in a two-back pro-set... but NOOOO, CJL and Hobbie have to continue the darn spread.  If 367 yards rushing tonight wasn't enough to convince them that we are a better running team than passing team, I don't know what will do it.

I've been saying this all year.  Experienced O Line and backs and inexperienced QB and receivers = run the **** ball!

Our defense is too fast.

Not too fast - too young and undisciplined.  I can't think of a single play made by LB's or safeties last night.  Camon misses more tackles and takes himself out of more plays than any FS I've ever seen.

PJ has lost his edge.

PJ is young.  We didn't land a QB recruit for 2 yrs and are paying the price of PJ learning on the job.