• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calling for JL's head?-Your Thoughts??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

No....we only lost ONE game on Saturday. They don't add a couple extra games to the loss column and take away our charter for losing to Army.

Have to agree with Jim here...Cyber, you do realize the season started on 9/11 vs TTU not on saturday against army right? so to say we lost only one game is incorrect, we actually have lost three (USC, USM AND Army.) Also, I don't understand the thinking that these comments are comming from this game, people have been ******** about the offensive scheme/plays/play calling for at LEAST three or four years. Thing is barely beating a AA team, losing to Army and a losing record is sure to bring it on with more force....what exactly do you expect though? Should we be patting the coaching staff on the back for a job well done? Well I'm sorry but it hasn't been a job well done and in truth it hasn't been a job well done offensively for quite some time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Are there any changes of opinion after our performance with Louisville last night??

Tampa Tribune said it best when it used the words- "Leagues Apart" and "Regression"  We are going backward this year.  UAB is going to Kills us.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Leagues apart?

No not really. UL is just better than us RIGHT NOW. We are very young on defense and that was how we used to win games anyway. Fixing the defense is easier than figuring out what to d on offense, so I don't think it will be very long before we are back on track.

I guess you forgot how we matched Louisville play for play last year and that we actually beat them. That was essentially the same UL team. USF on the other hand lost 3/4 of its secondary and is playing too many other freshmen at key positions to be successful. The biggest difference is at QB we have nobody as good as UL's third stringer on our roster.

That I will admit is JL's fault. He should of at least taken a JUCO or transfer when he failed to sign the big names we were after the last couple of years.

We obviously have some work to do but I'll take my chances with JL for another couple of years to see if he can continue growing the program. However, it wouldn't hurt my feelings made a few changes in scheme or we tweaked the coaching staff.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should have won UAB last year in tampa

leavitt deserves  all of next year to right the ship

if it is more of the same we will need a new staff in 2006

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Are there any changes of opinion after our performance with Louisville last night??

Tampa Tribune said it best when it used the words- "Leagues Apart" and "Regression"  We are going backward this year.  UAB is going to Kills us.

If we were going backward L'ville would have beaten us by 50. We're just not going forward until we get the qb/wr thing squared away. Their ineptness are drive killers. Defense is on field way too long .............

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I agree to move foward we have to work on the QB/WR postions.  But what are you talking about as far as we are not moving backwards because we only lost by 32 points and not 50?

We have obviously gone backwards since last season, I can't believe anyone is defending the position that we havent.

Also, UL could have beaten us by 50 if they hadnt let up on us after gaining a 40 point lead!

maybe if leavitt had built the program properly he wouldn't be rebuilding this year

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Dam Steve, In the "Land Of Dumb" your last post would get an Oscar !

i want to thank all the people that helped me along

the way

they are too numerous to mention here

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Oh sure Steve, then you follow it up with a great post !  That was too funny LOL.  I think you got the Oscar speech down.